Carrabelle 5-26-2002

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DOC
Site Sponsor

Post by DOC »

Left C-Quarters in Carrabelle late Saturday afternoon and headed for the S-tower to spend the night. First time in the area and had no numbers but thought we might get lucky and find some fish. Found a good show in 100' and drifted over it a few times to check the tide. Picked up a few B-liners and two nice lane snapper. Then the trouble started, or should I say didn't start. Went to start the motor and nothing happened. Threw the hook and spent the next few hours trying to locate the problem without success. My wife woke up about 4:30 AM and started fishing while we waited for Sea Tow. During the night the tide shifted and swung us back near the show. Caught four mangos, a trigger, one gag 29", one reg grouper 33", and a 30 pound blackfin tuna. Sea Tow arived at 9:30 and we settled in for a four hour cruise. Not a bad morning considering we couldn't move the boat. Will try to post some pictures. P.S. My wife caught the 33" red grouper - her first keeper grouper of any kind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DOC on 2002-05-27 4:22 am ]</font>
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Doc:

Hope you had the unlimited coverage with Sea Tow, otherwise I'm sure you wished you did. A four hour ride both ways is a BUNCH of money.

Hope you have a better trip next time.

Regards,

EJ
DOC
Site Sponsor

Post by DOC »

EJ, wife said it was a five hour ride back to the dock instead of four and it was seven and a half hours round trip for Sea Tow. If we didn't have unlimited towing the bill would have been $1125 accourding to the receipt.