Florida Dove Shoots?

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mister Mullet

Florida Dove Shoots?

Post by Mister Mullet »

Any dove shoots in the Tallahassee area opening day at a reasonable cost?
micci_man

Re: Florida Dove Shoots?

Post by micci_man »

Joe Bud has public fields and from what I hear they are pretty good at times.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

I am not a hater trying to steer you away from my "honeyhole" but Joe Budd is usually hot for one or two weekends, but the numbers of doves per hunter there runs pitifully low. You may even be able to see the check station data on FWC site.

Last time I was there about 2010, I fired one shell and heard maybe 3 guys tearing it up in their little corner. Meanwhile at least 25 others sat with a cold barrel the whole time.

And yes, it can get very crowded -- I question my safety out there on opening weekend.

They have planted some decent looking fields in past years (the "Office Field" is biggest/best) and often they time their millet right, but I am always disappointed in the number of birds that come in out there.

Went 1-2 times a year for about 5 years, never got more than 3. And that day I was high man.

Now, I have no other info for the area. Closest thing I have seen to decent dove hunting in Leon Co. was doves flying across Miccosukee to roost, a buddy did well at this a few times with this strange approach -- went duck scouting and found doves.

Have tried two dove clubs/leases in neighboring counties and been disappointed also.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Joe Budd does get crowded, but that's what keeps the birds flying. Had good shooting there last year.