water level in Lake Iamonia

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

itiger

water level in Lake Iamonia

Post by itiger »

Haven't been fishing for a while. Went to lake miccosukee last Sat. and found the ramp is not launch-able due to the low water. How is Lake Iamonia? Any one fished there recently? Thanks.
Born to fish, forced to work!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: water level in Lake Iamonia

Post by Steve Stinson »

About 2 weeks ago, when I finished mounting my motor on my new hull, I drove to both Iamonia and Lake Micossukee. There was not enough water in either of them to make a test run, so I ended up over at Lake Carr.

- Steve Stinson
bbb

Post by bbb »

How big a boat you launching?

I would have thought the Reeves Fish Camp at Miccosukee would have been fine to launch. There were 40+ boats launching there last month duck hunting.

All the Iamonia ramps are high and dry.

Lake Jackson on 27 and at Crowder should be doable also.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Reeves Landing is where I went. They let most all of the water out of the lake. There were only folks sitting on buckets fishing around the edge, and one jon boat with a trolling motor only.

- Steve
itiger

Post by itiger »

Steve Stinson wrote:Reeves Landing is where I went. They let most all of the water out of the lake. There were only folks sitting on buckets fishing around the edge, and one jon boat with a trolling motor only.

- Steve

Thank you Steve for your info.
Born to fish, forced to work!
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

http://www.mcglynnlabs.com/LakeIamonia.pdf

Just letting you in on info! I think management could be better for Leon counties lakes. Why allow these sinkholes to drain our lakes? Rebuild the dam and aggressively attack the grass! The lake has not sustained full pool in over 15 years!
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

Steve Stinson wrote:Reeves Landing is where I went. They let most all of the water out of the lake. There were only folks sitting on buckets fishing around the edge, and one jon boat with a trolling motor only.

- Steve
I do not understand draning this lake while others in the area already down? Why not spend that time, money and effort on Iamonia or Jackson? We need to get involved as sportsmen!
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

crappielimits -- thanks for posting that report on Iamonia. I had no idea such info existed. I totally agree -- never knew that the dams at Iamonia could serve that purpose or all the history of efforts to do just that.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...