February 2013 Tournament Results – Saint Marks Outfitters

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

February 2013 Tournament Results – Saint Marks Outfitters

Post by SHOWBOAT »

26 boats registered for the February tournament. However, it was a one man show. Gary Droze won the tournament, Kevin’s Flounder and the big trout side-pot.

Bob Hoelzle won the redfish side-pot with a 4 spotter.

The Zellners and Tad Davis found a sheepshead worth $50 from Meridian Surveying.

The rest of the results are below.

Over $1k in winnings and a Falcon rod along with many other prizes were given away.
Very special thanks to Capt. Mike and Saint Marks Outfitters. His presentation Thursday was good, but the chicken, slaw and beans today were fantastic. Everyone enjoyed a chance to discuss the day and have a bite to eat before awards. Overall, it was tough fishing and a third of boats did not weigh a fish. Congrats to those who found them in the skinny water.

Pics will be up on NGFC.ORG shortly.

Can’t wait for Keaton. We’ll have a fish fry and hang out the night before. Details YTBD.

Place Team Red Trout Combined Weight Side Pot Winners
1 Gary Droze 6.26 4.19 10.45 3.27 flounder, Big Trout winner
2 James Padgett, Doug Tran 4.75 3.38 8.13
3 George Goodson, Jimmy Milton and Robert Rosario 4.55 3.4 7.95
4 Bob Hoelzle 4.7 2.91 7.61 4 dots
5 Seth Oaks, Lyric Oaks 4.85 2.15 7
6 Rick Bushatz, Stephen Warnuck, Dalton Bushatz 3.55 1.1 4.65
7 Bill Mickler 4.11 4.11
8 Jeff Rainey, Russell Shetly 0 3.71 3.71
9 Ken Johnson, Claire, Catherine, Dawn 3.56 3.56
10 Steve Hobbs, David Langston 3.56 3.56
11 Chuck, Jeff and Taylor 0 2.72 2.72
12 Gary and Patti Zellner and Tad Davis 2.64 0 2.64 Mystery fish - sheep head 1.43
13 Will Moncrief, Brendan Carter 0 2.36 2.36
14 Russell Haas 0 1.1 1.1
15 Roger Beck 0 0 0
15 Jon Barnes, Eugene Cerasoli 0 0 0
15 Lucas Ross, Michael Aman 0 0 0
15 Huck Fin, Laurie Case 0 0 0
15 Larry Cobb, Maria Cobb, Clayton Brunson 0 0 0
15 Chris Lewis, Grayson Lewis, Than Lewis 0 0 0
15 Javon Fishburn, Gwen Thomas 0 0 0
15 John McLaurin 0 0
15 Matt Cramer, Brian Showman 0 0
15 Will Thompson, Tommy Thomson 0 0
15 John McKnight, Mike Flowers 0 0
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
spoton
Site Sponsor

Re: February 2013 Tournament Results – Saint Marks Outfitter

Post by spoton »

Thanks, Brian for a great job with the tournament.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Congrates to the winners and a big thanks to the NFGFC board for getting this season kicked off with a good tournament. Mike, St. Marks Outfitter, gave a great presentation Thurs and followed it up a with a very yummy meal on Saturday. Thanks, Mike, for your tips, sponsorship and hosting the tournament.

Here's looking forward to a great year. :beer:
The Back Porch
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Brian & Mike,
Thanks for the excellent directing & gracious hosting, guys. Nice work rounding up all the raffle goodies, Brian. And that great weigh-in grub sets the new gold standard for post-fishing meals. I often brag about how the Gulf Winds Track Club puts most "big city" running clubs to shame. The analogy holds for NFGFC. We're lucky the relatively unpopulated Big Bend has such a great outfit.

Good luck to all at Keaton next month. I haven't the slightest idea where to catch fish over there.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Congrats Gary, I think I saw you fishing Saturday. I yelled and waved, I think you waved back. Way to go.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

GaryDroze wrote:Brian & Mike,
Thanks for the excellent directing & gracious hosting, guys. Nice work rounding up all the raffle goodies, Brian. And that great weigh-in grub sets the new gold standard for post-fishing meals. I often brag about how the Gulf Winds Track Club puts most "big city" running clubs to shame. The analogy holds for NFGFC. We're lucky the relatively unpopulated Big Bend has such a great outfit.

Good luck to all at Keaton next month. I haven't the slightest idea where to catch fish over there.
Don't be so humble Gary, you could catch fish in a bathtub.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

SG: Yep, that was me. You guys were in a small green jon boat 200 yards away, right? You were actually in one of my favorite spots. Did you get any action once the tide started in? I was blanked on reds until incoming.
oreocwby

Post by oreocwby »

Great job Gary...I wish i were fishing with you sat I pulled in a huge goose egg...to embarresed to show to weigh in..
konrad

Post by konrad »

GaryDroze wrote:SG: Yep, that was me. You guys were in a small green jon boat 200 yards away, right? You were actually in one of my favorite spots. Did you get any action once the tide started in? I was blanked on reds until incoming.
lots of big trout in that hole but no reds. The sheephead were on fire. Picked up a dozen a few bends up. ended the day with a inshore slam, trout, reds, sheep and flounder.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Yep Gary that was Konrad and me. We left before the tide started coming in. I guess we left a little early. We didn't have any room left in the cooler, but a few more catch and release reds would have been the icing on the cake. Glad you did well. And that is one of my favorite spots also, but I bet you've caught more fish there.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven