I'm not sayin.....just reporting a news story.

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

I'm not sayin.....just reporting a news story.

Post by WolfeMan »

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/con ... es-license

Ya gotta laugh, given this forum's recent popular topics.

72 yr old man, cheating at fishing tournaments. Equal parts sad and funny.
Site Sponsor

Re: I'm not sayin.....just reporting a news story.

Post by SHOWBOAT »

nothing compared to the TX guy who was feeding his bass weights attached to trebble hooks and won a 50k bass boat. No respect for the competition or the fish themselves (releasing fish you've fed trebble hooks to... :smt012 )

Wherever there is competition there is the opty for someone to try and break the rules. Hopefully the local tournaments with small payouts don't allow anyone to fall into the dark side and sacrafice their morals. If so, hopefully it isn't a tournament where I"m the Director....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

It's the same old story. When you add monetary winnings to any competition the cheaters of the world start figuring out how to get a leg up on everyone else.

Now.....you have to admit.......that guy in the article above looked like someone who would cheat in a kids fishing tournament. Didn't he. :lol:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

There used to be a guy here who was legendary for his attempts to cheat in kingfish tournaments. He went to prison, but not for cheating at the tournament. I hear he turned it arround in prison and is now in ministry, so their is hope. Legend has it that he showed up to a weigh dock and they found his king was partially frozen inside. They say he claimed it was due to his dadgum good cooler. :smt005
Last edited by MudDucker on June 22nd, 2013, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

I thought his sentence and other fines was rather small. It has been my impression that fishing violations have relatively small consequence

Fishin' is the mission.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Harmsway wrote:I thought his sentence and other fines was rather small. It has been my impression that fishing violations have relatively small consequence

No, some of them pay off quite handsomely.
konrad

Post by konrad »

MudDucker wrote:There used to be a guy here who was legendary for his attempts to cheat in kingfish tournaments. He went to prison, but not for cheating at the tournament. I hear he turned it arround in prison and is now in ministry, so their is hope. Legend has it that he showed up to a weigh dock and they found his king was partially frozen inside. They say he claimed it was due to his dadgum good cooler. :smt005
Or maybe he just found a different way to swindle people.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

konrad wrote:
MudDucker wrote:There used to be a guy here who was legendary for his attempts to cheat in kingfish tournaments. He went to prison, but not for cheating at the tournament. I hear he turned it arround in prison and is now in ministry, so their is hope. Legend has it that he showed up to a weigh dock and they found his king was partially frozen inside. They say he claimed it was due to his dadgum good cooler. :smt005
That is the reason my uncle became a Babtist minister. No kidding
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

konrad wrote:
Not that this is unheard of, but from what I understand, this guy turned it around and is still on the right path.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!