I just want one!

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dixiewreckd

I just want one!

Post by Dixiewreckd »

I need ONE non public number. All i do is burn gas.I troll, Freeline, Botom drop, Anchor and drift. And nothing. A king mac every now and then. BSB's... Anyone wanna trade/sell me a number i will keep secret?
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: I just want one!

Post by Rhettley »

All the fish in my report were caught on public numbers. While drifting off one of the areas I found another pile showing on the graph.
The best tip I can give you is while you are moving between public numbers put out a trolling lure and do 7 or 8 mph and keep an eye on your graph all the time you are moving. Zoom the depth range down to the bottom area for more detail.
TLB2

Post by TLB2 »

Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

Troll SE of buoy 24 with stretch 25s outta st marks in the 30-40 foot range...watch your bottom recorder..do it for 3-4 hours and you should find a dozen spots with decent bottom and a couple that most likely will hold gags and reds...do the same in front of dog island in the 45-60 foot range with stretch 30s...a buddy of mine who is a legendary grouper fisherman in my book goes to his "go to spots", puts some meat in the box in 30-45 mins while bottom fishing and then trolls for the next 2-3 hours finding more gag/red grouper residence halls...he's always looking for new #s... Dude has some of the best #s around...and thats because he puts in time searching! Good #s are like your wife, you don't share em with nobody! Good luck with it! :thumbup:
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Some people do share those too... :-?
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

here is another site I just found that has plenty to choose from!! :smt006
http://www.floridagofishing.com/shop/
weedline

Post by weedline »

downsize tackle dont know what u use but on public spots go down to 50 lb floro or mono especialy in shalow water and when troling for kings use #4 wire and # 5 for the hookset i now fish out of destin but grew up in tallahassee so fished inshore all over st marks to st george and panama city used to catch 10 to 15 lb kings off that little jety at st marks lighthouse so i love your area our public spots get hammered yet in 4 hours we can get what we need most days snappers here are like pinfish to me its to easy and if the king bite is there we get those to we are closer to deep water granted but u guys have way more the grooper i will be honest with u the best way to find bottom spots is live bait for kings and watch the botom machine u will run over stuff if u see fuzz close to the botom thats grooper drop a downriger 10 ft off the botom if u get hammered circle up and drop 2 slipleads with live baits drop if they dont produce save the spot check it monthly i also hear strches work great over there good luck hope this helps a little