Tally done got popular with the Sporting Stores

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Tally done got popular with the Sporting Stores

Post by wevans »

Trader Joe's is scheduled to open at about the same time in mid October.

Dick's Sporting Goods' grand opening is a week from Friday.

Bass Pro Shop is scheduled to open in three weeks.
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Major ... 28501.html
:thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
DWilliams

Re: Tally done got popular with the Sporting Stores

Post by DWilliams »

I hear ya W. Glad to see 'em. Kevin's will have to tighten up. Now we just need to get some decent priced 223 and 22. Ammo may be like fuel and never go back to "normal".
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Interested to see how long all of them will make it. Not very long if they stock brook and brown trout flies like the last place that went under.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

Whole foods to! :thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

DWilliams wrote:I hear ya W. Glad to see 'em. Kevin's will have to tighten up. Now we just need to get some decent priced 223 and 22. Ammo may be like fuel and never go back to "normal".
I think Kevin's has it tight," like em or not" 40 years in the business. :thumbup:
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I think they must all use the same computer generated demographics to determine when and where to open a store. All of a sudden Tallahassee grows just enough to show up on the radar and we are over - run with sporting goods stores with little signs out front that say "Hybrid Vehicle Parking Only".....

Me, my fat wallet, and my fat, gas-sucking, lifted 4x4 will continue to shop Kevin's every time they carry what I am needing. Being a small business owner myself, I prefer to support the locals.

- Steve Stinson
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

Steve Stinson wrote:I think they must all use the same computer generated demographics to determine when and where to open a store. All of a sudden Tallahassee grows just enough to show up on the radar and we are over - run with sporting goods stores with little signs out front that say "Hybrid Vehicle Parking Only".....

Me, my fat wallet, and my fat, gas-sucking, lifted 4x4 will continue to shop Kevin's every time they carry what I am needing. Being a small business owner myself, I prefer to support the locals.

- Steve Stinson
My Silverado will run on E85 so in my book that makes it a Hybrid :) I look at those parking spaces with my name written all over it!
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Steve Stinson wrote:I think they must all use the same computer generated demographics to determine when and where to open a store. All of a sudden Tallahassee grows just enough to show up on the radar and we are over - run with sporting goods stores with little signs out front that say "Hybrid Vehicle Parking Only".....

- Steve Stinson
Ha ha X 2 ( minus the fat wallet)
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
ggoodman

Post by ggoodman »

Moved to Alaska and the F250 had to go $10 a gallon for diesel and you might part with yours too. The fat wallet left when we had a kid, bought a house, and I decided to go back to school. I like Kevin's they carry some things I just cant find other places. However I'll shop at bass pro just as fast for some things, the economy of scale is to much to pass up.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I am going to shop at South Georgia Outdoors! :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Golforfish?

Post by Golforfish? »

Looking forward to Dicks, i have been very underwhelmed with Academy. Will get the ad deals at Bass Pro but will still shop Kevin's and Crums. Probably check out Trader Joes. Have zero interest in the yuppies at Whole Foods.
cotton

Post by cotton »

Visit Montgomery AL often. They have them all. Here's my impression:
BassPro - huge selection and a tourist attraction. Price's are high
Academy - Love their clearance and store brands. They take forever to restock. Kinda like a walmart for sporting goods.
Dicks - a step up in atmosphere from academy. Fishing dept sucks in Montgomery. Prices higher than a Academy.

I have to drive by BPS and academy to get to Kevins. But I still make the drive. Wish they were closer. I heard folks talk about their prices, but I have always found the prices on tackle equal or better quality. When they haven't had what I wanted, and I mentioned it, it was stocked quickly. I'm a cheapskate and I still shop Kevins fishing dept.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

MudDucker wrote:I am going to shop at South Georgia Outdoors! :-D
X2
Team Jolly Mon
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Tally folks, help me out. Bass Pro claims they are "opening soon" in Tallahassee?? Is this true?

We use a Bass Pro visa card for all kinds of purchases. We really build up rewards points. Often it's $50-100 savings. Then toss in free shipping promos and it makes for some good buys.
bman

Post by bman »

I know for a fact that Kevins will price against the BassPro catalog
In our "amazon" global economy even local stores have to price with the big boxes.

It will be fun to have a Bass Pro here- I'm sure my girls will like the fish tank and there will be some sale deals that are good.
Cant compare that to local knowledge and stocking the things we know work here.
99% of the time Kevins will get my business :thumbup:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"