Bass Pro

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Bass Pro

Post by JIm Smith »

I had the chance to vist your new Bass Pro shop last Fri while dropping off some chem to some growers out your way, I dont know if any of you know it but if you are a vet. you get a 10% discount. this is the first time it has ever been offered to me . I too like to do bussiness with my local shop but this does help on the large ticket items. we in Gainsville have no Bass or acadamy wihin 2 hours of home and the Gander in ocala is way high.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Bass Pro

Post by SS-342 »

Jim, I suppose you mean Veteran and not veterinarian. That is good! Our veterans need every discount they can get. salute2

Thanks
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

So far the few things I have looked at Academy has the same thing $2-$6 cheaper. Glad the offer the Vets a discount.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Local gets my $
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

beekeeper wrote:Local gets my $
ya'll crack me up- how in the world is it not local? if you live in tallahassee, guess what- it's local - where do you buy groceries? farmers market? refine you own gas I suppose? make you own electricity? :o
Golforfish?

Post by Golforfish? »

Redfin wrote:
ya'll crack me up- how in the world is it not local? if you live in tallahassee, guess what- it's local - where do you buy groceries? farmers market? refine you own gas I suppose? make you own electricity? :o
What's funny is I know a couple people who sell at the farmers markets and they import the produce they sell. Before anyone get worked up I said a couple I know personally not all. At the end of the day by BPS coming to town they created over 100 jobs. With that being said if I can get a reel at BPS for the same price as Kevin's I'm going to buy it at Kevin's.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Golforfish? wrote:
Redfin wrote:
What's funny is I know a couple people who sell at the farmers markets and they import the produce they sell. Before anyone get worked up I said a couple I know personally not all. At the end of the day by BPS coming to town they created over 100 jobs. With that being said if I can get a reel at BPS for the same price as Kevin's I'm going to buy it at Kevin's.
I guarantee Kevin's will have the same reel for less. I think BPS is a good thing for tallahassee. I can get things they don't sell at Kevin's. cooler parts, carhart and a few other things. I saw Paul brown corkies at bps for $11. Kevin's has them for $7. It is nice to have more options, but I will still make my tackle purchases at kevins. If I'm at bps or academy getting smoke wood or a pair of britches and need 1 sabiki rig, ill buy it there. But if I'm going shopping for tackle, I'll go where they know my name and get just as good if not better pricing. The guys running the fishing dept are usually more knowledgable about product and ordering. If academy or bps is out of something, they tell you to go to the website. Kevin's orders it for you right then.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Salty Gator wrote:
Golforfish? wrote:
Redfin wrote:
I guarantee Kevin's will have the same reel for less. I think BPS is a good thing for tallahassee. I can get things they don't sell at Kevin's. cooler parts, carhart and a few other things. I saw Paul brown corkies at bps for $11. Kevin's has them for $7. It is nice to have more options, but I will still make my tackle purchases at kevins. If I'm at bps or academy getting smoke wood or a pair of britches and need 1 sabiki rig, ill buy it there. But if I'm going shopping for tackle, I'll go where they know my name and get just as good if not better pricing. The guys running the fishing dept are usually more knowledgable about product and ordering. If academy or bps is out of something, they tell you to go to the website. Kevin's orders it for you right then.
I agree Salty Gator. Went to BPS today and was shocked at the lure prices. Headed to Kevin's tomorrow. Reel selection is not even close to what Kevin's has to offer. Plus, BPS doesn't have a Lynn. :thumbup: :thumbup:
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Local or not, you will not get BPS to sponsor or donate anything to the local tournaments like Kevin's or SGO.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Salty Gator wrote:
Golforfish? wrote:
Redfin wrote:
I guarantee Kevin's will have the same reel for less. I think BPS is a good thing for tallahassee. I can get things they don't sell at Kevin's. cooler parts, carhart and a few other things.
The Shoe Box on South Monroe carries a huge selection of Carhardt as well, and it's LOCAL.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Love the Shoe Box, only place I buy my work shoes at. They have the best service, like shoes stores used to be 20 - 30 years ago. Kinda like the difference in the local quickie gas store and an old time full service gas station. I live about 80 miles away in SW Georgia and drive there just for shoes. I always buy the Dunham brand they carry, give the store a try if you have a chance.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

:roll:
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Shoe Box= Good People.

(think ya'll upset Bailey)
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

You guys are right! BassPro, capitalism at its worst............ :lol:
I like BassPro. I like Kevins. Never been to SGO, but I'm sure I'd like it too.
Do we really need to pick a side of this stupid debate?
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

didnt mean to start a arguement,I like to shop my local (the tackel Box) in Gainsville and think the world of Gary but there are some things such as the new lorwance that I bought at Bp that the Vets. discount is very nice, as I said on large ticket items it is nice.