Looking for a Trolling Motor

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Slippy Drippy

Looking for a Trolling Motor

Post by Slippy Drippy »

I am looking for a bow mount, 24 volt, tiller steer trolling motor ranging from 70-80 lb thrust to go on a flats boat. I am not set on a particular length but would rather it be shorter than 60".

I have been "lurking" in the background for quite a while now. I greatly appreciate the tips, pointers, and general comradery that I have found here and hope to make additions going forward.
Last edited by Slippy Drippy on November 12th, 2013, 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Badbagger

Re: Looking for a Trolling Motor

Post by Badbagger »

I'll keep my eyes open and also shop CL locally and PC etc.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Bman "borrowed" mine a while back... haven't seen it since.

It was a garage kept 24 volt/80 lb thrust, in perfect shape with absolutely no reason it shouldn't have performed flawlessly, but he said he wanted to test drive it first before paying me a price that was quite generous on my end.

He's a hard man to find, jet-setting around to rub elbows with hipsters and yankees, but if you can find him maybe you can get the straight scoop on whether mine is functioning as it absolutely should be, can be made available from it's current hiding hole. :( :smt011
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Slippy Drippy

Post by Slippy Drippy »

Thanks, Badbagger! That's a good idea.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Maybe not what you are looking for, but I have a Motorguide Great White 55# 12 volt with a 52" shaft, hand control for sale for $250.00. You can see it at C-Quarters Marina in Carrabelle.
Slippy Drippy

Post by Slippy Drippy »

BBG, sounds like it could be a good match, but I'm gonna stay out of that one.

Tidedancer, your TM may work, but the boat is already set up with a 24 volt system. Thanks though!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Slippy Dippy:

I have a Motorguide Great White, 80# thrust, I think a 62 inch shaft, 24 volts hand tiller, bow mounted trolling motor. It has been on my boat for about five year and ran hardly 2 hours. I just took it off this week. Flats fishing out of Keaton, I seldom need a trolling motor and I decided it was in the way. Can't promise you it will even run without some minor work? I just know it has hardly been run at all.

I have no idea what it is worth. Seems I paid around $1,200.00 for it?

If interested give me a PM and we'll try to get together. You may even have something you want to trade?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Slippy Drippy wrote:BBG, sounds like it could be a good match, but I'm gonna stay out of that one.
Slippy Drippy, you get Bman to give it to you, heck I'd even make it a more generous price than I quoted Bman, as you'd be due a finder's fee discount. :smt045 :thumbup: :beer: :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Bman has been oddly quiet today?
Team Jolly Mon
Slippy Drippy

Post by Slippy Drippy »

BBG, Is it the same trolling motor that you can see in Bman's profile pic? If so, it looks like a permanent mount to me...
FarhFrumWurk

Post by FarhFrumWurk »

I have a motorguide 82# 60" shaft. PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slippy Drippy

Post by Slippy Drippy »

FFW, I am talking with SS-342 about the same model. I am thinking it may be a bit too long for my needs though. I appreciate you letting me know nonetheless.
Slippy Drippy

Post by Slippy Drippy »

Still looking.
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

I got a Motorguide, saltwater 48" shaft, 71 lbs of thrust, 24 volt.

This was on the front of a john boat I bought and way to much for the boat, It appears to have been used in fresh water up here in West GA.

I would entertain any reasonable offer, I live west of Atlanta, but have a place in Carrabelle and come down Hwy 27 South, the motor is at my home in GA.

Dean

PS, here is the link to the motor I posted, but really never try to sell

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... de#p256769
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.