To buy or not to buy...

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jka_gator

To buy or not to buy...

Post by jka_gator »

I currently have a 1976 14' Cobia Tri-hull in good condition with a brand-new Mercury 45 (<20 hours). I've probably got a total of about $4700 in it. It's my first boat so it's kind-of a sentimental thing... :D

Anyway, I've got an opportunity to buy a much newer 21' Cobia with a Mercury 200 in excellent condition for $5500. It seems like a great buy, but I think I'll probably have to take a loss on the boat I have now.

I guess I'm just asking for advice from more experienced people than myself. How much of a hit should I expect to take on my boat? And do you think it would it be worth it to get the bigger-better-faster...

-J
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

You will take a much smaller lose, if you sell the motor seperate from the boat :) With the year of the boat, you will get next to nothing for it "with or without the motor" :( I have sold many boats over the years, and this has always been the case!
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”