DALLUS CREEK LANDING

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

DALLUS CREEK LANDING

Post by SCALAWAG »

IS DALLUS CREEK LANDING SUITABLE FOR LAUCHING A 16'DLX CAROLINA SKIFF. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE AND WAS WONDERING.?
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115
bigphishy

Re: DALLUS CREEK LANDING

Post by bigphishy »

if there is anything over half a foot tide you should have no issues. when loading your boat back up u may need to just nose the boat on the trailer and crank it up most of the way. i put in there last year and don't remember having any issues. I here the fishing has been great there lately I hope to here a good report soon!
SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Post by SCALAWAG »

THANKS FOR THE INFO, IT'S ALWAY;S GOOD TO HAVE OPTIONS. THAT WOULD SAVE A LOT OF TIME.
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I put in there with a Gheenue and have to pull over some sections. It is a maze of creeks so a good hand held GPS would be handy. Several ways to get out to the creek mouth which is a couple hundred feet wide. One way comes out at a small rapids or oyster bar across the creek and further down the creek at a curve another creek comes in. Either way can take you back to the landing.

You will be lucky not to have to pull over some spots either going or coming back or not fish long and catch a high tide.

It is doable but not so easy. Lots of folks do it.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Better be aware of two things when fishing any where in that area: Moon phase and wind direction.

Either one can leave you on the bottom. Easterly winds ( NNE, NE, ENE, & E) plus a new moon or full moon, guarantees, when the water leaves (aka tide is falling)........... it leaves in a hurry! Next thing you know, you are out of the boat and pushing. I agree with winching back on to the trailer.

That 2-3 mi channel zig-zags across those flats. Plenty of 10-15' holes, that are really bends in the channel. Some natural rock along those channel edges. Fishing within 5-6 miles of that ramp can't be beat...... if you have the right rig.

Spring Warrior, to the north, is another great area.