G. Loomis Warranty Update

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

G. Loomis Warranty Update

Post by silverking »

G.LOOMIS EXPANDS ‘XPEDITOR’ SERVICE –
LIFETIME WARRANTY REPLACEMENT PROGRAM ALSO SIMPLIFIED

WOODLAND, Wash. – March 3, 2014 - Effective Now – We know fishing rods get broken. We all fish hard and put our tackle through plenty of abuse. But don’t kick yourself if you do break one, relax – G.Loomis will help you out with a simpler warranty process, and an expanded ‘Xpeditor’ service program.

We inspect every rod sent back to the factory, and if it’s a problem or break due to material or workmanship, G.Loomis will always cover it with our limited lifetime warranty. And now, when submitting a warranty claim, anglers no longer are charged a claim review fee. If the rod is covered by the warranty, a replacement rod is sent at no charge. If it’s not, anglers can pay $95 ($120 CAN for service to Canada) to replace any broken GL2 or GL3 rod, or $120 ($145 CAN) to replace any NRX, GLX, Pro4X, IMX or blended graphite rods.

If you broke it – accidents, misuse, normal wear and tear, G.Loomis supports anglers who appreciate its high-performance rods with the ‘Xpeditor’ service. It's the fastest, easiest and most convenient way to replace a broken rod. For GL2 and GL3 series rods, the Xpeditor service fee is reduced to $75 ($100 CAN). The fee for all other G.Loomis rods – casting, spinning or fly - is $100 ($125 CAN). If you currently have a G.Loomis ‘Wildcard’ from buying an NRX or GL2 rod, G.Loomis will provide a one-time Xpeditor service replacement for no charge.

The G.Loomis rod warranty replacement program and the Xpeditor service is available to anglers in the U.S. and Canada. Visit http://www.gloomis.com, or call 877/577-0600, for more information.
###
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Re: G. Loomis Warranty Update

Post by CairoTrout »

Hope this warranty doesn't bite them in the butt like E2 did
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

This seems a lot worse that the warrantee that is in place now. I have way too many Loomis rods, and the only reason I justifiy paying so much for a rod that frankly isn't That much better than a falcon, st croix, star etc., is because if I break it I can go back to Kevin's ( or sgo) and walk out with a brand new one. If that is no longer the case, then I won't buy anymore. :thumbdown:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I'm just the messenger SG. I've got a few Loomis rods myself.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

G. Loomis rods have always had a warranty that covered defects in workmanship and materials. Those retailers who exchange rods over the counter were taking the anglers word as to how the rod failed and were doing it as a service to their customers. Stepping on a rod, striking it on a gunwale or other hard surface and the rod breaking shortly thereafter, or closing it in a car door, have never been covered by Loomis. The new Xpeditor program is designed to speed up the replacement process. The warranty is the same.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

fishinfool wrote:G. Loomis rods have always had a warranty that covered defects in workmanship and materials. Those retailers who exchange rods over the counter were taking the anglers word as to how the rod failed and were doing it as a service to their customers. Stepping on a rod, striking it on a gunwale or other hard surface and the rod breaking shortly thereafter, or closing it in a car door, have never been covered by Loomis. The new Xpeditor program is designed to speed up the replacement process. The warranty is the same.
I like the speed of the system that's in place. I break it( not from manufacturing defect) then I walk out with a brand new one the same day. And I was always told( I guess incorrectly) that the warrantee covered any kind of break. Since shimano now owns Loomis, I wonder if the shimano warrantee will undergo similar changes
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

The problem is the company says they will examine the break and determine if a defect or the customers fault is complete bull. There is no 100% way of knowing the truth.
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

It's been ten years but they replaced a very expensive fly rod broken by a Tarpon that got a little "wild" at the boat --really my fault, not a manufacturer's problem. But "no questions asked" they replaced it and sent it in a BEAUTIFUL shipping sleeve!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

charlie tuna wrote:It's been ten years but they replaced a very expensive fly rod broken by a Tarpon that got a little "wild" at the boat --really my fault, not a manufacturer's problem. But "no questions asked" they replaced it and sent it in a BEAUTIFUL shipping sleeve!

I guess the days of replacing them" no questions asked" are over.
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

charlie tuna wrote:It's been ten years but they replaced a very expensive fly rod broken by a Tarpon that got a little "wild" at the boat --really my fault, not a manufacturer's problem. But "no questions asked" they replaced it and sent it in a BEAUTIFUL shipping sleeve!

that was your wildcard. They have always been good to me. I've sent several back. I would have to consider a tfo before I pay 120 to get another rod I'm pretty sure is gonna break at some point tarpon fishing.