Live Bait

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fearthespear

Live Bait

Post by fearthespear »

Just bought my first kayak and want to drop her in at Wakulla Beach when the weather warms a bit. I live in tallahassee and was wondering if there was a place to pick up some live shrimp on the way? To be honest, i've never been down that way.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Live Bait

Post by Gulf Coast »

I have live shrimp here at Gulf Coast Lumber ( Sunoco Station) in Woodville 2.75 dz
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

What time do you open Chris? Saturday's. Wife wants to buy some shrimp for the tournament. :roll: Not that they don't work, they just don't float. ;-)
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

captkeyser wrote:What time do you open Chris? Saturday's. Wife wants to buy some shrimp for the tournament. :roll: Not that they don't work, they just don't float. ;-)
so it looks like only one of you will be catch fish then.... BUT WHICH ONE! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

6 am...might be someone here at 5:45.
fearthespear

Post by fearthespear »

Sounds good.

On a different, but related note--is it possible to wade fish from wakulla beach? I have a kayak, but my wife may want to tag along some times. Anyone have any luck around there?
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

galantnole wrote:
captkeyser wrote:What time do you open Chris? Saturday's. Wife wants to buy some shrimp for the tournament. :roll: Not that they don't work, they just don't float. ;-)
so it looks like only one of you will be catch fish then.... BUT WHICH ONE! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine will be bigger! :-D

Thanks for letting me know Chris. :thumbup:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

fearthespear wrote:Sounds good.

On a different, but related note--is it possible to wade fish from wakulla beach? I have a kayak, but my wife may want to tag along some times. Anyone have any luck around there?
The mud there is very thick and hard to walk in. She may be able to walk the shoreline at higher tides, but walking around at low tide will be tough. You may consider renting a yak for her that day
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven