Looks like no one went Saturday? (Lighthouse)

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Williamsdad

Looks like no one went Saturday? (Lighthouse)

Post by Williamsdad »

Or no one wants to admit it? Good choice. Fished everything east for 1/2-3/4 of the day - rockpiles, creeks, shorelines, shallow flats. Finally got one pinfish and one topwater blow up out deeper, but finished with my 2nd skunk in a row, in 2 trips in 2 weeks. Must be the rain? What's up? It's late April.

Sorry, missed Keaton post.
luceror
Site Sponsor

Re: Looks like no one went Saturday? (Lighthouse)

Post by luceror »

I fished in my yak around piney island and oystetrbay. Thru everything, covered alot of water, and stayed tillabout high water. had 2 borderline trt(released ) for the day.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

We fished the afternoon tide yesterday out of Oyster Bay. Caught 3 trout total. Two 19"rs and one 21" fish. Big fish was on topwater and the two smaller fish on a Gold Bomber. Very very slow. Might be another fresh water Summer. :cry:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

I'm not going to claim to be the forum guru or an expert.... but I believe there has been a temperate drop in the water and that has either turned them off for a while or moved them around to a more comfortable environment. Two weeks ago there were some really good reports showing up. More recently, a couple of comments indicating water temp back down towards low to mid sixty's. Had conditions continued to improve, things should be on fire about now as far as the flats are concerned. (jmo)
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
redcodefsu

Post by redcodefsu »

Fished piney island and oyster bay this morning in the gheenoe. Had no bites except the chatter from my teeth. This weather has slooooowed things down again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Matt and I headed west to find clearer water and get out of the wind. Caught probably 50 trout and he had a red bust a topwater twice. Temp had dropped a bunch, but fishing was still pretty good.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

fished cedar key sat. 3-4 foot seas 20 mph winds ended up six trout 17 in. and up rotten weather
Jose Gaspar

Post by Jose Gaspar »

Caught a stingray, redfish and sheepie in Panacea area. Could've loaded up on sheepies as I had them biting every drop, but was looking for reds....20 mph winds, cloudy, but had fun.
gary z

Post by gary z »

SHOWBOAT wrote:Matt and I headed west to find clearer water and get out of the wind. Caught probably 50 trout and he had a red bust a topwater twice. Temp had dropped a bunch, but fishing was still pretty good.
west as in port st joe by any chance???