Quick after work trip

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Williamsdad

Quick after work trip

Post by Williamsdad »

What a nice motivator to get through the day - the thought of slipping out for a few hours when it's over. Luc and I did just that last night, and based on some info we picked up from other reports, headed west for the first time this season. Found a little surprisingly clean water, and a few good fish interested in topwater offerings. Kept 4, released 4 over about 3 hrs., biggest (released) @ 22". The 4 are on ice, waiting for me, after work today - not nearly as excited about that. He may post a few photos later, if we get a chance to snap a few.

Thanks to all who occasionally report.
bman

Re: Quick after work trip

Post by bman »

How far west? :-D
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Put in at Oyster Bay. Enjoyed a decent topwater bite for a couple hours. Lost at least one pig of a trout that did not like the taste of my hooks. Only picture of fish we took was the 22 inch trout but it's still on the camera at home. I'll get it up sometime after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

I think around the area you usually report from, not a long car ride, west by water, was going to be my reply, but I see Luc already gave it up.
Slough
Site Sponsor

Post by Slough »

:thumbup: :beer: :thumbup:
LAWRENCE AUTOMOTIVE-LAWRENCE AUTO PARTS
BIG SLOUGH KENNELS
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Where do u put in at Oyster bay? I fished out in front of piney island most of the outgoing tide yesterday. caught some nice trt. herea and there, no big concentrations. Iwas using a jig/z.man and or a morrodine twitch,both produced. There was afew reds showing up at high water inshore,first for me this spring? and I have been hunting them!
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Spring Creek ramp.
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Here's a few pictures:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk