Ecofina 6/4-6/5

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Xpress

Ecofina 6/4-6/5

Post by Xpress »

6/4 Arrived at the ramp at 645 ran towards Aucilla. Started fishing in 5.5. Immediately started catching trout put 8 keepers in the boat in an hour and a half. Ran in before dark.

6/5 Arrived at the ramp at 615 ran towards Aucilla. Started fishing in 4.5 throwing top water rattlin spook and a Redfin put 12 keepers in the boat before 11. Top water bite turned off so we ran out 6.5ft. Started bouncing jigs off the bottom and using Cajun thunders new penny chartreuse, garlic, and pink prawn gulps. Finished out limit by 1 kinda slowed down but it picked back up. Ended up with 15 trout, 1 big mackerel, and must have caught 10 small pompano on top water. And of course the ever present catfish and lady fish :o . Great two days on the flats. Ready for the next trip. :D :beer: :beer:
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina 6/4-6/5

Post by cast-n-stone »

Glad you got on em! Thanks for the post.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

I fished Ecofina yesterday, put in about 7:15 AM and ran towards the Aucilla targeting Redfish. Saw all kinds of top water action so started out with a top water plug. Quickly I was hooked up -- jack ! Next cast, another jack!! Jack after jack --they were everywhere!! As I looked around, they were everywhere, mostly one to two pounders, but then some schools held some four pounders. Decided to get back to targeting some reds before the tide stopped coming in. Went to a jighead and root beer gulp with a chartreus tail. It cut down on "jack catching", but not completely :oops: :oops: :oops: Caught three trout, ten flounder, four ladyfish and plenty of jacks!! Kept one flaty for my MIL, released everything else. Back at the dock at 10:30 AM. Never saw a red. Good day on the water - plenty of action and I have some redfish in the freezer!!!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

nice reports guys. what was the water color?

Xpress, more likely jacks that pomps on top.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

SHOWBOAT wrote:nice reports guys. what was the water color?

Xpress, more likely jacks that pomps on top.
Water was still like coffee inshore, and water temperature was around 80 degrees, rivers was 76 degrees indicating plenty of fresh water still running out. Plenty of bait around. No grass, seas flat...
Xpress

Post by Xpress »

10 4 thanks for the info I didn't keep any I knew they looked like pomps. If I was going to keep them I would have to get out of my phone and research. Haha. Baitfish where everywhere plenty of food on the flats. Water temp was 83 surface temp when I left. Water looked like coffee. :D
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

wOW, FLOUNDER SEEM TO BE kinda thick out ECKY way. I fish mostly toward Piney isl. or Mashes sands. catch 1 maybe 2 flatties/trip. But that has held true till now. The water in this area has cleared up alot! Last Wendsday, therec was quite alot of floating grass around, but that had cleared up pretty good by Fri. Rfd fishing (for me) has been alright but not as good as last spring. Alot of 17" fish,fewer slot fish. Trt have been fairly consistent. I fish out of a kayak and have been to hickory mounds once, did alright, but havnt been back. If ? I was going to freeze any fish and could get my hands on em it would be Flounder!