Fireplace installation

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mister Mullet

Fireplace installation

Post by Mister Mullet »

Brrrrr. It's freezing in my house. Yesterday it was 99 degrees in my backyard. I need a gas fireplace installed. Seriously, I thought now would be a good time to get one put in. Anyone know of a company or individual that does good work at a fair rate? I've looked online for units and don't even know where to begin.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Re: Fireplace installation

Post by rocket »

Gas or propane? If propane, check with a local propane provider. Capital City Gas Service can help you out as well.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

You also need to decide whether you want a vented or non-vented. Non-Vented ones are nice to quickly warm up a room (I have one in my bedroom), but you can NOT leave it on all night as CO gases can build up. However, they are very efficient.

Vented ones are fine, but in my opinion, you lose too much heat out the stack, and in my opinion are more for looks.

You may also want to read this:
http://www.dukefire.com/articles/articl ... /60120.htm

Just make sure the installer knows his stuff. A bad install could be a fatal mistake.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Hiljun

Post by Hiljun »

I just installed one in my vacation home in Arkansas it's a breeze if ya still need help give me a call. I would be happy. I even have pictures. 501-743-5746