Carrabelle 6/28...

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Carrabelle 6/28...

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

The bite was on for Friday, hope it holds through the weekend.

We got a late start out of Carrabelle Friday around 9:30 or 10. Got pins for an hour and headed out in the direction of O Tower. Stopped at one hole on the way out and couldn't get the pins past the Trigger Fish? I think that's what they were, anyway they were pesky. On to the second hole, not very far from sight of Dog Island. Flat seas, 65ft, and clear water we never left. Fished here from 12:45 - 3. Kept 4 gags, 5 Reds, and 1 Cobia. Unfortunately the knot didn't hold on what I think was a big king strike. I saw him under the boat 15 minutes after we flushed the blood from the cobia. Are they attracted to blood?

Anyway, great day! Live pinfish or croakers on the bottom were getting hammered the whole time. Saw a couple other Cobia, but I only one (37"). Great day on the Jolly B.

There were bait fish getting hit everywhere I looked on the way in. Looks like the makings of a good weekend.