Noises In The Night

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Noises In The Night

Post by Sir reel »

Three am Friday morning. Screaming, squealing, howling. :-o Dog, Wife, and yours truly exit bed with amazing speed. salute1 Dog is at backdoor adding his barking, wanting out to participate in what surely must be a backyard altercation between dogs or cats or both. Noise starts to dissipate, doesn't sound like its coming from the backyard anymore. My direction finder leads me to the closet containing the AC/Heat air handler. OH &#&$...%#%^...&&#$, its the blower fan motor. :smt011 Turn unit off...put one more blanket on bed...go back to bed. :sleep:

Later Friday morning with visions of no heat before mid day on Monday I decide to give Guaranty Appliance a call...8 am leave message. Whata ya know...within 15 min got a call back. :thumbup: Guy listens to description of problem and then tells me exactly what the problem is and he'll be there in an hour. Tech shows up, on time, short stout hairless, every pocket full of tools, confirms the problem, removes blower unit and 26 year old blower motor. Had replacement motor on truck but had to go get a belly band to accommodate installation of new motor. Everything back together, tested unit... didn't like the sound (to slow)...Tech changed two wires and retest...got the speed, great air flow...runs smooth and quiet...GOOD JOB all around. :smt007

This ain't the first time that this same tech has been in my house. He's worked on Washers, Dryers, AC (before), Refrigerators, and a couple of times told me over the phone what I needed to do to fix a problem.

Service like this comes along less than it should. The service and the individual are both very special. If you've experienced it, you and me are lucky indeed.

Thanks my friend.
Bud
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".