SGI area fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

AUTiger

SGI area fishing

Post by AUTiger »

Taking my 17' hydra skiff down to St George March 29th thru April 5th. I have fished with many guides in the area and can remember a few spots, but not many. Anyone want to share any holes with me? I am willing to put in the water anywhere from Indian Pass to Alligator point just so I can put my boys on some fish. If you don't want to share any holes publicly, you can PM me.

Thanks
dogdayz

Re: SGI area fishing

Post by dogdayz »

Botton fishing at the cut and the east end. Nick's hole (near airport), Goose Island and Little St George just west of the cut are not bad spots. Look for the three crosses as you get onto the island just east of the bridge. Good spot as well. Their is also the bar just east of St Vincent Island...go up and down it. This time of year, you may need to head up into the rivers. 4 tree cut off from the Apalchicola River will get you to the Little St Marks and the Big St Marks river.
AUTiger

Post by AUTiger »

Dogdayz,
On the spots you mention, what are you targeting and baits being used this time of year?

Thanks
dogdayz

Post by dogdayz »

I won't be down until the end of April. What I have found that works in the past are live and dead shrimp, gulps, cut bait, grubs,...just depends. Try different things at different things at different spots until you find something working. Go to SGI Outfitters on the island and talk to Larry and Angela. Good people.