Econfina 4/3/15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Econfina 4/3/15

Post by DixieReb »

First day we have been able to get away to the flats. Got to landing at 1030 and parking lot full. Noted an FWC man standing on the walkway watching folks launch. Not checking anything, just watching. Got out of skinny river and headed East about I mile. Looked like Portuguese fishing fleet out there with all the boats, but nobody catching.Water is dark and no wind. Grass got bad about noon so moved further east and got a nice keeper trout and another throwback. Moved around another hour without a bite, couldn't even catch any bait. Made it down almost to Hickory Mound and turned around and went west, past river and up to Long Point. Water still dark, no bait. Decided to leave about 330 and stopped at a creek on the way back in. caught another keeper in the creek and 2 more hits was all. Ran WOT all the way in on full tide. Met the same FWC man at the ramp, he said we did about as good as anybody. Still, he didn't check us. So much for a first trip, at least we weren't skunked! Boat ran good and nothing broke, all-in-all a good day. My temp gauge showed 75 most of the day.
Yours in the South
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 4/3/15

Post by Blue spinner »

thanks for the report DixieReb
hope to get back down next week
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
spothogg
Site Sponsor

Post by spothogg »

Thanks for the report! I need to make over to Ecofina from Tally soon. On Friday we saw the FWC 'mothership' headed out the channel markers. Ran into a buddy of mine while we were on the water who had been to East River at St. Marks and he said FWC had boats with blue lights going all over the place. Sounds like they were training and practicing boarding maneuvers.
bman

Post by bman »

Thanks for the report!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"