Keaton Beach 4/8/2015

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Good Tidings

Keaton Beach 4/8/2015

Post by Good Tidings »

Good Afternoon all....

First time trip post for me. Been a lurker for quite awhile...thought I would let y'all know what went on.

First, y'all need to find out when I'm trying to fish. Then make sure you go either before or after me. You will be assured to catch fish.

The Bride and I had not been fishing together in quite awhile. We set a date of yesterday and come heck or high water we were going! We got on the watere around 9 AM in time for the last of the falling tide. We fished around Dekle, up around Adams Beach and Yates Creek, then on up around some oyster beds not far from the Fennhollaway River mouth. We fished hard. We have the sunburn to prove it! Water temps got up to around 74 last time I checked. Wind was out of the south mostly.

Long story short, a barely legal trout and flounder. We threw just about every color Gulp we had, a top water or 2 and live shrimp. Caught a few rock bass, all undersized, a couple short trout, and some trash fish....at least this time, there was activity on the water. Saw some mullet jumping, bait fish nipping at the Gulps...last time I went there was no activity period.

Talked to a friend who had sort of fished the same areas but targeted red fish more than whatever was there, they only had 3 rats. Didn't hear of any other reports.

Boat ran great and weather was good. Some breeze to help with the heat. And a day with my Bride.....all in all a good day!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach 4/8/2015

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. With a couple of sides it should make a fine meal :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

We had boats fishing from Keaton to St. Marks last weekend in the NFGFC tournament and all of us had a tough time. Hope the fish turn on soon and the weather stabilizes. :beer:
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

Sounds like it was a good day on the water. It seems like the fishing would be better right now.
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks for the report, sorry they didn't bite good. We fished last Friday at Econfina and didn't do much better than you did today. I wonder if the heat had something to do with it. I bream fished today with my son-in-law and grandson and only caught 1 catfish and 3 small bream from 2 pm to 5 pm. It was terribly hot, the worst time of day. We went to a different pond right before sundown and the fish seemed to jump on our baits. Caught 3 bass and 9 big bream in about an hour. I don't think fish like the hot sun any better than us.
Yours in the South