State Water Grouper Fishing off of Ochlocknee Entrance??

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dphife

State Water Grouper Fishing off of Ochlocknee Entrance??

Post by dphife »

Hey All,

I have not been able to get away from work to get out on the boat yet, but work is about to slow down, and I am itching to go search for some gag grouper. Any one know if the big guys are still close enough and biting, or have they already moved into deeper water? Plan to start heading out in about a week or so. I have a few holes just south of there and usually do good in the beginning of the spring before the water warms up and they move to deeper holes. Thanks in advance!

Dave
Nambleman

Re: State Water Grouper Fishing off of Ochlocknee Entrance??

Post by Nambleman »

Yea, I believe you shouldnt have too much of an issue finding them. A buddy of mine and a few others I've heard about have been able to bring a few home.

Good luck!
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

They are there and some King schools are too. Good luck!
dphife

Post by dphife »

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can get my summer overhaul done and this rain to stop really soon. I am dying to get out there and will post a report when it finally happens!

:thumbup: