Trashy Steinhatchee 05-10-15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

zload
Site Sponsor

Trashy Steinhatchee 05-10-15

Post by zload »

My wife wanted to go fishing Saturday for mother's day so we hook up and go despite poor reports, not great tides, a full schedule and a not so great report from a friend who went the day before.

Arrived about an hour before low and went south to see if we could maybe spot a cobia on the clear spots... apparently everyone else thought the same since there were lots of boats doing the same thing. Didn't see anything but while dragging a pinfish behind the boat got a strong hit with something long and strong... cut us off quickly so I assume a shark.

Somebody came by obviously looking for cobia two guys on the bow with rods at ready and two guys in a tower, circling all around. Found a nice place to sit and watch as the tide stopped moving and sat down to a snack. Tossed out a pinfish and pinned the boat down. I was sitting on the cooler eating and suddenly realized the cork was gone. Tightened up to nothing, but still no cork, realized something had the bait and was running hard right at the boat, caught up with it and it was solid. Thought I might have gotten hold of a random brown clown but no such luck, nice little 3' shark when I got him to the boat, circle hook got him right in the corner.

Looked over the sand bank again as the water started moving in, still nothing and the guys with the tower circled around and left so we headed over to some usually productive trout holes but nada. Wife hooked up with 3 ladyfish and we moved on to some other spots.

Ended up with 3 ladyfish, 2 sharks, 1 lizardfish, 1 of those big puffers and about a 9" trout. I watched several of the puffers run up to my jig and bite the soft plastic bait right off of it.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Trashy Steinhatchee 05-10-15

Post by DixieReb »

Sorry about that. I wanted to go tomorrow but I think I will just stay home and cut grass. :roll:
Yours in the South
luceror
Site Sponsor

Re: Trashy Steinhatchee 05-10-15

Post by luceror »

Last Thurs. I was throwing a catch Jr. Mirrodine and caught a pretty good sized puffer.it was the usual. Brown back white spiny belly. He was a greenish/blue on the back w a greyish silver blue belly.. Iv been fishing BBend area for close to 5yrs now and that was a first for me Both the species and the fact that he hit that sized mirrodine