Florida Ducks Unlimited State Convention

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Florida Ducks Unlimited State Convention

Post by bman »

Had a fun trip to Destin/Fort Walton last weekend to Fish and go to the 2015 Florida Ducks Unlimited Convention.
I was there representing United Waterfowlers of Florida
UW-F is a 501(c)4 not for profit and is able to be politically active regarding conservation and access to public lands and marshes in Florida. see: http://www.uw-f.org
UW-F is a DU Life Sponsor Organization and contributes each year at the DU Florida State Convention.
I had the pleasure of delivering the check ;-)

The event is focused on awarding the committees and individuals that raised the most funds for DU over the last year.
Tallahassee was in the top six chapters in the state. :thumbup: :thumbup: Ron Sanders, Florida Chairperson and the DU staff were very welcoming...
I brought 3 of my hunting buddies to the Friday Night wild game dinner and they would not let them pay. Had Sandhill Crane for the first time- Delicious!!

The highlight was being able to spend some one on one time with FWC Waterfowl Biologist Jamie Feddersen. He moved up to Tallahassee about a year ago and I can tell he really loves his job, waterfowl and hunting. Great to have an true outdoors-man in that position!

Shook hands with Diane Eggerman, FWC Director of Hunting and Game Management, and thanked her on behalf of UW-F for her and her husbands work. I met her husband, a FWC biologist, at the February Lake Jackson Vegetation meeting.

Of the items discussed the proposed DU License Tag may have the largest direct impact on Florida. The Florida DU tag is unique because it is not raising funds for their typical mission. All Funds raised through the tag, an estimated $100,000 annually, must be used on Florida habitat work. Craig LeSchack, a former FWC biologist, is the Conservation Program Director for the South East and will be creating a committee and identifying needs in Florida. Craig said they may revisit some older projects like Hickory Mound and see if there is need to rehab or improve them. I hope to be part of that group with the intent to represent needs of the Capital region.
To start its focus will be promoting the tag- One idea is to encourage Duck Hunters to "Tag" their duck boat trailers.

Enjoyed the area and the time at the convention.
Also, I was one card off from winning a gun raffle :evil: and caught a limit of Snapper and nice Scamp :-D !
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Florida Ducks Unlimited State Convention

Post by MudDucker »

Cool, glad I pay my UWF dues so they can keep up the good work!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!