Scallops & Storm Saturday

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fish Dawg

Scallops & Storm Saturday

Post by Fish Dawg »

Big Blister and I took the ladies and his boys , my grand boys scalloping opening day at Keaton . Blister and I tried fishing early but no luck. Went back and picked up the family and headed north to Dekel where all the boats were. Right after we jumped in , kids too , 5 yr / 4 yr old , we started picking up scallops , then the storm hit , Big Time !! Blister and 4 yr old were 20 yrs from boat and the boat was being blown away even with PPole down, 30 mph wind and blinding rain ! I had to start boat and go get them . No one hurt and all was well !! I want to thank ever one who kept cool heads and didn't try and take off running through all the boats and people in the water! Storm only lasted 15 minutes but felt like 30!
We continued scalloping there wth 200 other boats and then went south of Grassy with the 200 boats there from the Hatch! We got about 4 gallons but the little guys had a blast and hung in there 5 hrs on the water. I hope we have made more fishing buddies !!