Panacea Snapper & Red Grouper... 7-10

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Panacea Snapper & Red Grouper... 7-10

Post by bman »

Had another AMAZING trip out with REEL SMOKER CHARTERS!
Great crew of good friends including a few forum members.
A day of fish catching and fellowship that will not be forgotten!!!

I'll let the video tell most of the story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfkZwa3pjC8[/video]
Thanks to big bend gyrene for the video production!

Here are a few more photos.
We came in with 250 lbs of fish - Limits of Red Snapper and Red Grouper with some lanes thrown in the mix
The Snapper were HUGE
Even broke a hook on one ALA WolfeMan ;-)

Have to thank Blake and Cliff - could not ask for more from a Captain and deck hand!
Check them out here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reel-Smo ... 12?fref=ts
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
EddieJoe

Re: Panacea Snapper & Red Grouper... 7-10

Post by EddieJoe »

A great trip. Too bad we have to pay someone to catch ARS, rather than use our own boats. Gripe, groan.
No matter, wow!
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nice! :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

Now that's just plain awesome!
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

Well Done!
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

EddieJoe wrote:A great trip. Too bad we have to pay someone to catch ARS, rather than use our own boats. Gripe, groan.
No matter, wow!
It's kind of like paying for something else( that I've never paid for..... Directly), just hard to bring myself to do it.

Nice work Barry, that freezer has got to be full :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
bman

Post by bman »

I have to say its nice to go with a guide... they know where the fish are, take care of the planning (we just brought drinks and food) clean up the boat and fish at the end.
It could be addicting ;-)
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Salty Gator wrote:It's kind of like paying for something else( that I've never paid for..... Directly), just hard to bring myself to do it.
Salty Gator, I'm the same way... normally Iove the sport of using my own decisions / plans to find fish and put friends on them too... BUT, have to say it was a rare treat to hop aboard the trip Barry lined up without my having stayed up past midnight hooking up the boat and rigging gear, fun for a change not to have the stress of making calls on moves to different spots, and ESPECIALLY fun not to have the boat and fish to clean after dark when finished fishing. :smt045

Like you, never paid for something else... BUT with that comparison just not feeling quite right will say I've NEVER felt like that "something else" was a burdensome task unlike cleaning gear, fish, and the boat after dark. ;-) :lol:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

Seems like the comparison is a reasonable one. When you pay for fishing, you get to avoid certain undesirable duties necessary when you don't pay (like cleaning the boat). And, when you pay for "that other thing", there are also undesirable duties that can be avoided (like talking, snuggling, etc.) But, in both cases, you can end up catching something you don't really want. And, in both cases, it's best not to bring that something home with you. :lol:
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Are y'all talking about snot cats, puffers and lizardfish? :smt005
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

At my age, I don't mind paying. What I don't like is, having to make long range commitments. Especially when there are deposits. The last thing I want to do, "Is to go fishing on a windy day...... just because of a deposit." What I refuse to pay for is a guide who has only fished in an area for 2-3yrs. Florida is saturated with "Here today, gone tomorrow fishing guides". Find me a fella who has lived and fished an area for 10 years or more........ and that's where I'll spend some dollars. Even better, if he has grown up in the area! A good guide is worth the money.