Will pay to learn how to catch a Sheepshead before Labor Day

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: Will pay to learn how to catch a Sheepshead before Labor

Post by GaryDroze »

Dave, I have this bucket list fantasy that features me wading way the heck up one of those tidewater creeks where nobody else ventures. I find a waterproof suitcase full of Perry drug money, pop it open, and see enough greenbacks to prompt me to tell my amazing wife she can retire from teaching special ed students (she loves it, but it beats her down). The drug runners chase me back, but bog down in the mud that is my home turf. I give my wife the suitcase, and she gives me a big smoochy kiss, and says I can go fishing whenever I want.

That's my bucket list. Maybe Carl Hiassen can write a story about it.
bman

Post by bman »

GaryDroze wrote:Dave, I have this bucket list fantasy that features me wading way the heck up one of those tidewater creeks where nobody else ventures. I find a waterproof suitcase full of Perry drug money, pop it open, and see enough greenbacks to prompt me to tell my amazing wife she can retire from teaching special ed students (she loves it, but it beats her down). The drug runners chase me back, but bog down in the mud that is my home turf. I give my wife the suitcase, and she gives me a big smoochy kiss, and says I can go fishing whenever I want.

That's my bucket list. Maybe Carl Hiassen can write a story about it.
That has to be from Hiassen or Randy Wayne White ;-)
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Just a Guest

Post by Just a Guest »

Have you seen the movie No Country For Old Men? Good luck with the $.

<*)))<
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Wouldn't know anything about that...
sheeps.jpg
Tom Keels
Site Founder

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Good one, Just a Guest. Hoping the drug thugs don't know about the "stingray shuffle," or tidal creek alligators, or levee cottonmouths...

CORRECTION TO DIRECTIONS ON WHERE I CAUGHT MY FIRST SHEEPIE!!!
Yes, it was in Big Cove, east of the St Marks lighthouse. But once in the cove, you head northeast NOT southeast (which would take you back out to the bay - duh!). There are a number of small feeder creeks in Big Cove. Find the one with the sharpest bend, and you've got my sometimes productive hole, which held at least one 3lb sheepster.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Uh, huh. Baffle 'em with confusing directions and they'll never see that big yellow X on the water. :lol:

Are you sure you're a track coach and not a fishing guide in disguise?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat