Airboating to be banned in the everglades

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Airboating to be banned in the everglades

Post by lonesouth »

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/09/ ... tcmp=hpbt4

not sure this will impact many here, but good to have the community at large aware of what is going on elsewhere. Conservation where the main contributors are cut off, is not good for anyone.
850-273-8818
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Airboating to be banned in the everglades

Post by MudDucker »

Wow, there are multi-generations of Florida crackers who have airboated the glades. I suspect there will be a major uprising.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

The federal government has become a behemoth. Our only hope is for the states to start re-asserting their rights, and quit being puppet's of the Fed in return for funds. Where does the .gov think all those funds come from in the first place.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Sounds like a stupid ban. I Need to read up on the reasoning. Do airboats cause global warming?
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Dubble Trubble wrote:The federal government has become a behemoth. Our only hope is for the states to start re-asserting their rights, and quit being puppet's of the Fed in return for funds. Where does the .gov think all those funds come from in the first place.
AMEN AND AMEN!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

countrycorners wrote:Sounds like a stupid ban. I Need to read up on the reasoning. Do airboats cause global warming?
EVERYTHING THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO CONTROL CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING!

Interesting they plan to grandfather a few old timers if they work for someone else!

Anyone wish to wager on the number of agents and airboats the feds will employ to chase "illegal" airboaters? They have had virtually no success controlling the pythons....what makes them think they can control those ole airboatneckers! :D

Wait until they go after snowmobiles on public and federal lands!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
RED ZONE 48

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

This is one of the oldest airboat groups in Fla. and it's only a small part of the everglades national park , the area has a lot of pinical rocks , old reefs , and only specialty airboats can run this area , the Feds and expecially the park service has been trying to limit access to the Glades for 50 yrs or more , they closed down and forced people to sell their houses and hunting camps in the loop road area back in the 70's and have been trying to shut down the cooper town airboat tours longer than that plus the airboat association south of the Tamiami trail for yrs . YOUR CORRUPT GOVT AT WORK .
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

You know what is really funny. They are spending all this effort to protect what they have already said is going to be totally underwater in 50 years anyway....... :o

Am I missing something here?

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Airboats are an especially noisy affront to the enjoyment of our wetlands. Especially when I am on a good trout bite in the Apalachicola area and one roars by not far away loaded with tourists
D
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

I personally am not an airboat fan. Maybe if there were a spot for a trolling motor and they were not so loud. Though, I want justification as to why a right is being taken away from them. I know they do tear up grass beds and pressure game. I have never been to the Glades but it is on my bucket list.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I hate airboats because I don't have one.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

I don't really like airboats myself, but have friends that do. I sometimes fish with one of them at cedar key and we always find the redfish on low tide when the only way to get to them is by airboat. I believe that most are good people its like every other endeavor, there are few who ruin it for the rest .
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Don't be hating!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

I spent most of Friday night on an airboat. :-?

DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

That's funny right there. :lol: :lol: :lol: