Teal and Wood Duck Season is coming

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Teal and Wood Duck Season is coming

Post by bman »

Early Teal Season will be here soon!
My Greenwing Teal mount got featured in an FWC video with FWC Biologist and Waterfowl coordinator Jamie Feddersen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxKdD98nLrI[/video]
Thanks to Desta Cahoon​ for loaning him her WoodDuck and Joe Carter​ for his Blue Wing Teal!

Special early duck - Wood duck and teal Season: Sept. 19 - 23, 2015 Legal to take: wood ducks and teal Shooting hours: one-half hour before sunrise to sunset Bag limit: daily limit 6, only 2 of which may be wood ducks; possession limit 18, only 6 of which may be wood ducks. Taking or attempting to take coots or any species of duck not listed above is prohibited. Hunting is permitted every day in Leon County during the special early duck season.

Special early duck - Teal only Season: Sept. 24 - 27, 2015 Legal to take: teal only Shooting hours: one-half hour before sunrise to sunset Bag limit: daily limit 6; possession limit 18. Taking or attempting to take coots or any species of duck not listed above is prohibited. Hunting is permitted every day in Leon County during the special early duck season.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Teal and Wood Duck Season is coming

Post by MudDucker »

I hate it, but I am going to miss the first weekend. I've got season tickets to UGA and that is the weekend when the DAWGS pluck them chickens. Now that next weekend, I will be in a boat somewhere looking for me some teal. :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

I'm glad they've put together an ID video...still won't help with the guys who flat out don't respect the sport or the resources, but it's a great tool for young/novice hunters. Unfortunately, more whistling ducks will die in N.FL on opening day of teal season than in the entire regular season combined.
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Cool Barry! Glad to see your gw teal mount got used. When Jamie contacted me asking about mounts I told him that "sadly" the only mount I have is a Chilean Widgeon and that's not terribly helpful for his project but that I was pretty sure you had a gw teal.

You excited for the teal season?

Don't think I'll get out at all. I'll be working and then on the 22nd flying out to WA to travel to MT and then later SD to hunt sage grouse, hungarian partridge, sharptail grouse, perhaps blue and spruce grouse and then prarie chickens in SD. I'm excited bout that.....
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Me and my oldest fought the crowd opening morning. She showed my how it's done...We didn't see a teal.

Don't major in the minor stuff in life