NFGFC 2016

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

NFGFC 2016

Post by milto »

It's almost the new year and we are starting to get things ready for our 2016 fishing season. We are going to try a couple new things this year, which I think will be awesome for the club. Again, if anyone has suggestion, I'm all ears. We can't always do everything, but the more we hear from people the more we know what people like or don't like. The dates are pretty much set and barring something crazy those won't change. We still are working out the weigh-in locations for a couple, so those aren't fully set as well as the tournament formats. Just wanted to get this out there for everyone to see what we are thinking going into the new year.
Attachments
NFGFC schedule 2016.png
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC 2016

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Well. This is a step in the direction the club took several years back that ultimately resulted in 2 boats showing up for a tournament.
Sometimes,knowing history keeps you from repeating it.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Well. This is a step in the direction the club took several years back that ultimately resulted in 2 boats showing up for a tournament.
Sometimes,knowing history keeps you from repeating it.
This is where you normally chime in and let us know about the history. What exactly caused only 2 boats to show up? Was it the locations? Is it the dates? Is it the 2 redfish tournaments?
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Not sure what JT means, but I don't think it's the dates. They seem consistent with past ones. I know some years back the switch to more/different boundaries ensued. Is that the issue? As a paddler, that makes it tougher for me - I'll get blanked at PSJ, Carrabelle, and Keaton until/unless I learn the kayaking creeks in those areas. On the plus side, making different boundaries forces us to find fish outside our comfort zone. I never would have started exploring the amazing creeks around Econfina if NFGFC didn't start making it a mandatory boundary area about 5 years ago...

...that said, maybe JT has a totally different point.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I don't ever remember only two boats showing up for any tournament. :thumbdown: Normally, we start out with a full slate and dwindle down a little once football and hunting season start.

I sort of like the idea of a 2 red tournament similar to the "Fishing for the Brave" event.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Is the "TBD" tournament holding a slot open for Keaton? I'd like to fish there again, even if they don't re-open the marina.
NAvery

Post by NAvery »

Is the club accepting members, if so how do I join?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

NAvery - You can go to www.nfgfc.org , click on "Payments" , then scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see both the membership form and the tournament entry form. Hope to see you at our tournaments.

- Steve Stinson
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

I would like to suggest for the Red fish Tourney we have to leave from the ramps named and have open boundaries. 2. Make the Carrabelle Tourney a big trout tourney as it is one of the best places for bigger fish and let the Econfina or the St Marks tourney be the slot.
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

One more suggestion is to change the 5 points for the side pots to 1 point. Just don't think someone finishing in 5th, 4th or 3rd should be able to gain more than the winners :-? just my thoughts I'm in anyway :beer:
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

TroutTrent wrote:I would like to suggest for the Red fish Tourney we have to leave from the ramps named and have open boundaries. 2. Make the Carrabelle Tourney a big trout tourney as it is one of the best places for bigger fish and let the Econfina or the St Marks tourney be the slot.
Hey Jeff, are you suggesting shotgun starts? If so, here are my thoughts and would love to hear others feedback. I wouldn't mind doing 1 shotgun start but it limits the yakkers or waders that we allow to fish our tourneys. Is there a ramp/tourney that this would be feasible for them as well?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I'm all for the slot tournaments too trout trent but I would think in April out of econfina be a good time to bomb a big one too just my 2 cents.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Jeff wasn't referring to a shotgun start, He meant everybody has to leave from the same landing instead of being able to use alternative ramps. Posting this for him. I agree with the idea, it keeps everybody in the same water. :thumbup:
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I sort of like that idea as well. Gives us all a chance to socialize and tell lies about where we are going to fish. The only time we have to chat now is at the weigh-in.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

I've fished a lot of bass tournament's and very little saltwater tournaments but I can't see a shotgun start being safe at places like econfina or Keaton beach. I could be wrong though! maybe draw for boat numbers? or have a kayak division instead of mixing both? it's going to be hard to please everyone. again it's just my opinion but, if you're going to have a tournament I believe everyone should leave from one ramp and have no boundaries. if they want to run to cuba, let em go. just be back by weigh in time.