WTB Rivermaster Boat

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Walker1448

WTB Rivermaster Boat

Post by Walker1448 »

I am looking for a small boat similar to a Gheenoe, but more stable than a Gheenoe. I had a Gheenoe and it was not stable enough for me. A Fishing Buddy of mine has a Rivermaster boat made in the Live Oak area, but I don't think they make them any more. Does anyone have a Rivermaster or Riverhawk or something similar for sale?

Any other suggestions for a small stable boat???

2Dawgs
850-838-6261
woodstock52
Site Sponsor

Re: WTB Rivermaster Boat

Post by woodstock52 »

I have one, but would not sell it "again" for the world. Yes I did sell it once but was able to buy it back two years later.
I have the 13' 6" RiverMaster & it is Very stable! I am sure they don't make them anymore. But they were made in Live Oak.
Check with Jacks Boats in Perry. I know they do find one from time to time.
Good luck with your search, I will keep an eye out for you, because I have seen them a couple of time on Craigslist Tallahassee.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Walker1448 wrote:I am looking for a small boat similar to a Gheenoe, but more stable than a Gheenoe. I had a Gheenoe and it was not stable enough for me.
Gheenoe makes several models that vary widely in stability and rough water capability. Check out the website. http://www.gheenoe.net/

The Classic, or the LT-25 are great boats. The largest model is the Super 16. All of these are very stable and suitable for a number of fresh and saltwater uses. I fish standing up and walk around my LT all day and I'm old and plus size.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

I think I found your boat in Leesburg. Take a look…..

https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/5379885983.html
Limitless

Post by Limitless »

I'm sort of looking around too, and am thinking about a River Hawk. They have a large variety of sizes and configurations. You may want to take a look at them: http://riverhawkboats.com/
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Here's another one that's worth considering: The Calusa is made for the flats and either model can be customized to fit individual preferences.

http://toweemarine.com/index.html
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Walker1448

Post by Walker1448 »

Still Looking. I already have a J16 Carolina Skiff with 25 hp on it that I plan to keep, but I am looking for something smaller that I can hang my 5 hp outboard motor on for just cruising along the Suwannee River and fishing. Gheenoe is not really stable enough for me personally and so that is why I was looking for a good used Rivermaster. I think that you can still get a Rivermaster made on a "custom order" basis, but the cost is $1800 for a new one and I am not looking to spend that much for this boat application that I am trying to fill.

I found a PEENOE on Craigslist down in the Tampa area. I talked to the guy and he says that it is more stable than the Gheenoe. Not 100% sure since I have not been able to go and see it yet. Has anyone every had or seen a PEENOE? This one was made by Spider Boats in Arkansas which is out of business now. It is a 2004 model called a 12.5 Sport Peenoe. Not sure if it is fiberglass, Kevlar, or some other type of composite. I believe that it weighs less than 100 pounds which should work good with my 5 hp outboard.

Thanks for the help from everyone.... keep the ideas and comments coming.

2DAWGS
Walker1448

Post by Walker1448 »

Has anyone ever heard of or seen a PEENOE? I found a PEENOE Sport 12.5, but have not been able to see it yet. It is supposed to be more stable than a Gheenoe. I am looking for a small boat to load on top of my truck when pulling my camper. Plan to use my 5 hp motor for exploring waters on my travels.

Let me know about PEENOE sightings and/or any other similar boat that I should consider. I had a Gheenoe and currently have a Pelican Bayou 160 that I will be selling once I find this next elusive boat.

Thanks,

Walker
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Walker1448 wrote:I am looking for a small boat similar to a Gheenoe, but more stable than a Gheenoe. I had a Gheenoe and it was not stable enough for me. A Fishing Buddy of mine has a Rivermaster boat made in the Live Oak area, but I don't think they make them any more. Does anyone have a Rivermaster or Riverhawk or something similar for sale?
I was told the guy who makes them out of Live Oak is still making them... 386-590-3859 Marty Bray
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Boom goes the dynamite.
Walker1448

Post by Walker1448 »

Thanks, Rivermaster boat on Tallahassee has already been sold.

I think I am going down South to see the Peenoe. Anyone ever seen any information on the 12.5 Peenoe Sport boat? I think it is made from Kevlar and it only weighs 85 lbs which should be great for my 5 HP outboard.

What are the pros and cons of Kevlar versus Fiberglass or Aluminum?