Talquin Report?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Talquin Report?

Post by CoastalPirate »

Taking the family out to Lake Talquin this Sunday. Anybody having any luck bass or striper fishing on Lake Talquin these days?
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
One Keeper

Re: Talquin Report?

Post by One Keeper »

Don't know about the stripers, but I was down there all of last week cat fishing at night and speck fishing during the daytime. Ended up with bout 80 channel cats and 30 specks. Not a great week of fishing due to the wind blowing gale force. Beware if you go out there to run bush hooks there's a guy out there that claims he's a commercial fisherman and will bait your hooks. He will also accuse you of cutting his lines. I have never and never will mess with another mans lines. Had a encounter with him at Coe's landing running his mouth :hammer: . Not near as fun to run lines on the iron curtain anymore with all the different people fishing at the same time. I remember 10 years ago you could fish 4-5 nights and never see another boat. Just venting!!!!!!!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

One Keeper wrote:Don't know about the stripers, but I was down there all of last week cat fishing at night and speck fishing during the daytime. Ended up with bout 80 channel cats and 30 specks. Not a great week of fishing due to the wind blowing gale force. Beware if you go out there to run bush hooks there's a guy out there that claims he's a commercial fisherman and will bait your hooks. He will also accuse you of cutting his lines. I have never and never will mess with another mans lines. Had a encounter with him at Coe's landing running his mouth :hammer: . Not near as fun to run lines on the iron curtain anymore with all the different people fishing at the same time. I remember 10 years ago you could fish 4-5 nights and never see another boat. Just venting!!!!!!!
sounds like a fun trip. If I'm going to pick a couple guys to screw with a ramp it wouldn't be you and Jeff...interesting.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

Limb lines and any other fixed line must be marked with name/contact info. They must be out the water by daylight. FWC probably cut his lines or another person trying to keep water safe/clean. never knew a commercial fisherman to use limb lines either. Don't let a loser like that ruin your trip.