seeking advice or someone to hunt with on public land

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

livewildforlife

seeking advice or someone to hunt with on public land

Post by livewildforlife »

I have recently relocated to area and up until this weekend all of my prior hunting experience has been confined to either areas north of this area or to local agricultural land hunting for coyotes. This weekend I ventured into the apalachicicola national forest and surrounding areas.. Was squirrel hunting and starting to scout for spring turkey season and the next deer/small game season. While I have spent a significant amount of time fishing on the coast I've never hunted this far south. I absolutely love the area and see it has a ton of potential for those in the know or willing to put in the work to learn where to hunt. I spent almost 2 days mainly driving around the forestry but also getting out on foot.. I found a few spots that held decent amount of tree rats that I'll return for next weekend before season ends on Sunday. Anyways i really like to find someone that would be willing to team up for spring turkey season or who would allow me to go dog deer or hog hunting with them next season. If anyone wants to go after squirrels last weekend of small game give me a shout. Feel free to contact me via 334-685-4552 or forum/ email livewildforlife@gmail.com.

(I have several specific areas that I want to ask questions about but I do not want to cause there names to pop up in google searches etc anymore than necessary. I would ask via forum pm, email or phone though to anyone willing to discuss the area.)