Bait

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tod

Bait

Post by Tod »

I just started fishing again after a 20 year break, I'm fishing out of Carrabelle mainly for trout, reds, ect. Most of the time the reports talk about using live bait, what I need to know is how and where to go to catch live bait. Any info would be appriciated. Thanks
Tod Browning (AKA Iceman)
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Pinfish is probably the number one bait people use. They can be caught easily over any grass flat with a small hook and squid or with a pinfish trap. Try the grass along the beach behind Dog Island. A lot of folks over that way use pilchards or green backs or scalled sardines. Whatever you call them they make excellent bait. They can normally be found schooled up along the beaches and sometimes around bouys and channel markers, but they are rarely in the first place you look. They can be caught by throwing a cast net for them.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The best and easyest bait is FishBites, http://www.fishbites.com :D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Slopchops

minnows are the best bait

Post by Slopchops »

NO SPAM ALLOWED!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

BITE ME Sloppychoppy "hey I like that" But anyway, If I EVER spam someone :( I will keep you in mind :D If youdidn't have all that rain water on the brain, you would know that #1 FishBites is a SPONSOR, and #2 I have used it for well over a year now and it is absolutlly amazing who fish go for it :D So catch up or get out :evil:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Unfortunately, Fishbites is not our sponsor, I wish they were, but they are not. I assume you don't work for them wevans so your post is OK.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I do not work for them :( , but I will see if I can remedy the sponsor mistake :D
Slopchops

Post by Slopchops »

Forgive my mistake, I thought I was addressing mature people, not some snotnose children.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

See Ya!

Signed,

An Immature Child...
Who happens to run the joint.
Tom Keels
Site Founder