03/06 16. Quick Cedar Key sheepie trip

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Big Bend Brian

03/06 16. Quick Cedar Key sheepie trip

Post by Big Bend Brian »

Haven’t been fishing lately as I’ve been spending too much time in the woods trying to play with some piggies. Got to pass this on to a young man who’s never gotten a pig before. He took one plus a second pig that lingered a tad too long. Fun stuff!

Anyway, I’ve been hearing the sheepie bite on the gulf coast is on so Casey, myself and 2 pints of fiddlers got a hall pass for the weekend and we headed over late Saturday afternoon. The offshore forecast was questionable but sometimes you just gotta go to check it out and hope for the best. Fortunately the weather Sunday was good enough to head offshore although it picked up in the afternoon and we had to come in at 16 mph in our small 19” Whaler Plan B.

No large fish but it was good to get out. Largest went 4.0 lbs even. Caught 20, kept 10. Hit just a couple of spots. Water temp in 30 feet was 61 ˚F. Water was honking with 2 days pre-new moon! Water was clear but couldn’t see bottom in 30 feet. Big fish of the day was about a surprise 20-25 lb black drum caught on a single fiddler! It didn’t make it in a photo as the hook straightened out a bit right next to the boat. Too funny.
Here’s a pictorial summary:

Start of the day at Old Fenimore Mill…..

At the first spot it was a slow bite but we worked through it and caught a few.

Juvenile gag

Casey with the largest of the day
4.0 lbs even

Everything loves a fiddler

Another juv gag

Brian
Quality Time
Can'tCatchAnything

Re: 03/06 16. Quick Cedar Key sheepie trip

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Did you hand collect the fiddlerz or did you purchase them? If bought, where, pray tell?
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

you going to be in CK this weekend, The better half and I will be there sat. for first trout trip of this year
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Nice Convicts, I thought those black rifles could only be used for killing people cause no one would ever hunt with one... :thumbup:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

zload wrote:Nice Convicts, I thought those black rifles could only be used for killing people cause no one would ever hunt with one... :thumbup:
Zombies mate !!!