NEW GEORGIA REQUIREMENT for Turkey and Deer Hunters!

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

NEW GEORGIA REQUIREMENT for Turkey and Deer Hunters!

Post by bman »

This is really interesting and a little "Big Brother" for me!
What do you all think?

From their press release:
Georgia Game Check Is Here!
Hunters heading to the woods for the upcoming turkey season will have something new to remember, the reporting of all harvested turkeys.

ALL turkey and deer hunters, including those under 16 years of age, landowners, honorary, lifetime, and sportsman license holders, must obtain a free harvest record each season. Before moving a harvested turkey or deer, hunters are required to enter the date and county on the harvest record, and within 72 hours, must complete the harvest reporting process online, by phone, or through the Outdoors GA app.
http://www.georgiawildlife.com/HarvestR ... aGameCheck
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
wacissaguy

Re: NEW GEORGIA REQUIREMENT for Turkey and Deer Hunters!

Post by wacissaguy »

They have been doing this in the northern states for years.Best way to count and manage wildlife
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

I don't have a problem with it. WA has sorta similar requirements. You have to report them by the end of the season (ideally within a week) but you get tags for your turkeys ad you have to punch day and month on the tag and affix it with a zip tie or something else not easily removed. And in WA if you don't report how you did turkey hunting, regardless of if you got anything or not, then the next year you can still hunt but you're assessed a fee for not responding to required reporting (I think an extra $10 but maybe $20 for your tags)
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I don't really care, but where it says landowner, it has run afoul of the Georgia Constitution. A Georgia landowner needs no license and is required to file no harvest records for game taken from their own property.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!