boat type survey, what do you fish Ecofina in

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

coyotebgone

boat type survey, what do you fish Ecofina in

Post by coyotebgone »

I was curious what boat you fish out of.

Thanks for you 2 cents.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Re: boat type survey, what do you fish Ecofina in

Post by dombern34 »

when the tide is right you can take just about anything. I know I've taken my offshore boat more times than I can remember when I had it and I never once had an issue. I've personally never hit anything in the river other than when I was idling one time and cut a turn too close to the bank to avoid a few boats and my prop nicked a rock which bent my prop shaft. now on low tide, I would just be careful! make sure your boat insurance is up to date and that you didn't skip church last Sunday!
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Been fishing out of there in a 22' Pathfinder for about 6-7 years. At normal to high tide most boats will not have any trouble. Low tide or a strong west wind and you better be extremely careful. I personally have hit more rocks and oyster bars out on the flats than in the river.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
strawhat

Post by strawhat »

I have an 18 foot Sailfish CC. Only place I have trouble is the first turn
past the no wake sign going out. I know there is a big rock there but I
think it moves around at night. Generally stays within a fifty foot circle.
I still try to follow someone else out and let them find the rocks.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

19' Kenner. Gotta hug the right side after no wake till can see next bend then get on plane. 1.5' tide or better when in river for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

22' panga since for the past 10 years.

Use it to fish as close as against the grass line / few yards from oyster beds all the way out to midshore depths of 30' or so. Generally aim for a 1.5'+ tide to run in and out of the river... sometimes push my luck a bit when summer tides are running a bit high, and never push my luck as winter approaches and tides are running low. Bumped a rock or two learning my routes but only enough to ding my prop a bit.

Actually prefer when the water is dark and not too clear so I can't see how many close calls I'm miraculously avoiding. :-o ;-)
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Bumped Hit-N-Miss's referenced rock one of my first times out many moons ago... blessedly was going slow enough not to do any real damage. It's a BIG one and I avoid it no matter how high the tide is / it has bad voodoo mojo, that rock does. If you've got a depth finder watch it and you'll see even the area to the right of the rock shallows up... I wait to I see the depth dropping off again to get on plane. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM IN THE RIVER, OF COURSE I WAIT FOR 2' OR HIGHER TIDE BEFORE LAUNCHING THERE. I LEFT A $1,200.00 FOOT ASSEM. OUT ON THE FLATS 200 YRDS. FROM SHORE EAST OF THE TRIPOD AND I HAVE HIT SEVERAL THAT MOVE AROUND ON THE MOON.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

i fish out of a 1720 key west with a 90 Yamaha
i have hit a few rocks in the river when i first started fishing there
but there it all ways one out there with your name on it
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Hit a rock or two or eight...all part of the game! :roll:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I've fished out there with anything from a 14" tin boat up to my 24' proline. Its all about the tides and being careful.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I fish with a 19' Sea Chaser. believe it or not, the bottom of the hull has almost zero scratches! :-D
I did chip the foot a little once at the rock in the curve. :smt012

Dubble
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

17' Carolina Skiff & Kayak.
There a rock across from the ramp too, has my name on it, engraved with my prop.
Xpress

Post by Xpress »

I have a 20ft Xpress 115 yamaha shallow water edition its great for Ecofina, I can get on plane in 2.5ft of water. Rock at ramp under tree, rock in curve on left hand side past no wake stay right going out, bird rack and mouth out is huge mud flat. :o
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I have it on good authority all the rocks in the Ecofina mysteriously disappeared during the winter. :roll:
I also just bought stock in two prop repairing companies. :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.