4/20/16 report from St. Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

4/20/16 report from St. Marks

Post by randymullaly »

Went out at the lighthouse this AM at safe light. Almost low tide but enough water to get out with no problem. Headed east jus south of black rock and fished drifting west back towards the light house. Trout bite was pretty steady. Lots of shorts but several nice slot sized fish as well. 4'-4-1/2' seemed to be the best water depth. Surprised I haven't seen any bait fish schooling at the ramp. Last couple of years, one throw of the cast net and I had all the feather fins I could use in a day. Now Ive got to use the sabiki and do it one fish at a time. Anyway, anybody fishing out there this weekend, Id be grateful for a report. Im planning on going out again on Monday.
reelbad

Re: 4/20/16 report from St. Marks

Post by reelbad »

randymullaly wrote:Went out at the lighthouse this AM at safe light. Almost low tide but enough water to get out with no problem. Headed east jus south of black rock and fished drifting west back towards the light house. Trout bite was pretty steady. Lots of shorts but several nice slot sized fish as well. 4'-4-1/2' seemed to be the best water depth. Surprised I haven't seen any bait fish schooling at the ramp. Last couple of years, one throw of the cast net and I had all the feather fins I could use in a day. Now Ive got to use the sabiki and do it one fish at a time. Anyway, anybody fishing out there this weekend, Id be grateful for a report. Im planning on going out again on Monday.
Rock The Dock will be out in force.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: 4/20/16 report from St. Marks

Post by SS-342 »

Sounds like you do just fine without other reports but I know what you mean. You had a good day seems to me.

My report from the Keaton area is a couple went out at nine and had their limit by two thirty of nice trout. 3' - 5' water on new penny gulp, drifting.

I think the bite is on!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP