Alligator Point/Bald Point Boat Ramp

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Early511

Alligator Point/Bald Point Boat Ramp

Post by Early511 »

We are renting a beach house on Alligator Point in a week or so. Are there any boat ramps nearby? I have a 17 ft center console. What about in the Ochlockonee Bay area? Thanks
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Mashes Sands or Lanark BP are the two closest I can think of unless the marina on Alligator Point is still in operation. It's been years since I've been on the point. Maybe someone else can be of more help.

Joel
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

The last I heard was the one on the point was in very poor condition and they were charging $10 to put in. Do you want to keep your boat in the water? You would probably be better off going over to Lanark Village to Launch and fish.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Early511

Post by Early511 »

Having never been to Alligator Point, where is Lanark Village? Thanks
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Go to this site and you can move around the area pretty well :D
http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/ ... 7&Z=16&W=2
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
krovbo

Alligator Point Ramp

Post by krovbo »

You can launch a 17' boat at the marina at high tide. Cost $10. There is a ramp at the "s" curve about a mile before the marina that can be used by a smaller boat at high tide if you aren't too careful about how far you back in the water.

The Lanark Ramp is excellent ($7 if in and out on the same day) but the channel is terrible. Be sure to get directions before attempting to run to Alligator Point.

Krovbo Alligator Point frustrated boater.