Console Door for Cape Horn 24

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eatsleepfish

Console Door for Cape Horn 24

Post by eatsleepfish »

Hi,

Hauled my 2006 Cape Horn 24 over to Port St. Joe this past weekend for a few days of fishing. Pulled into my neighborhood Sunday afternoon and commented how the boat had performed great and nothing broke on boat/trailer for the trip. Got out of the truck and noticed I no longer had a door on my console. Apparently it had popped open and the highway wind had broken it in half and it was laying on the deck. Heartache.

I contacted Cape Horn and they no longer inventory the door. They said "it is made of cast acrylic and most any plastics shop could cut one for you". I am looking for suggestions of a good place to have something like that done. I live in Crawfordville.

Thanks!
edif

Re: Console Door for Cape Horn 24

Post by edif »

what are the measurements ?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

There is a plastics fab shop over off Capital Circle SW, just past Home Depot and on the opposite side of the building from TM Service Center. Sorry but I can't remember the name. Should pop up in a Google search or give Bill Neal a call at the TM Service Center (site sponsor). He should know the company name.

Marine Connection Liquidators in Ft. Pierce may have some original CH console parts in stock. They have tons in inventory. http://www.themarineconnection.net

Give them a call and see if they might have it. The local shop could probably fabricate one for you if they don't.

Good luck.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Custom Plastics 385-7700
eatsleepfish

Post by eatsleepfish »

Thanks for the information, I will check with them.

Edif, the door is 18" x 36 1/2" and 3/8" thick.
edif

Post by edif »

Thought I could put u in business what I have is 35inx11.5in right thickness though...sorry ....good luck ...