Any Suggestions??

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Any Suggestions??

Post by seatrout99 »

Haven't been to the flats in a few weeks. I've been moving. Plan on going this weekend to chase trout and maybe a scallop or two. Any suggestions on which way to head? Will probably take the pontoon boat (and maybe the kids). Usually put in at the Lighthouse, but am open to suggestions.
Any ideas??? :roll:

Seatrout99
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

We caught a bunch of shorts Saturday down towards Black Rock on the east flats. Most hit live pinfish, but a few chased down a DOA behind an equalizer.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

See any scallops??

Seatrout99
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

I was out at St. Marks yesterday, left the dock about 9 am, already HOT.
caught pin fish on the east side then went to the west. Very slow bite, we had a large school of bait fish near the boat and worked it about 1 1/2 hours, threw jigs, top waters nothing ever came by.

Headed to the channels farther west, caught nice Blue fish and a couple small sharks, too many catfish. Saw several turtles and big sharks swimming by. Had my sister in law with use she got a chance to catch some ladyfish and a very large ramora for a good pull.

NOAA called for 10-15 from the NW in the afternoon. We left about 2:30 pm and with was about 5 from the SW.

Saw very few scallops. :cry:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

The scallops are at the econfina, where you are probably going to find your better trout fishing as well.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Tom,
sssshhhhhh!! :D
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Hey, I haven't been down for weeks. I need all the help I can get this weekend. These 150 degree temps don't make it any easier. I'm not too proud to ask where the fish (and scallops) are. :lol:

Seatrout99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

seatrout99,
Tom's method is correct about fishing shallower in the early A.M. and then heading out as the day gets warmer(about 8:30)! Try everything in your box and see what works. Grubs with cut bait have been working for me. You will at least go home with a few nice rock bass. The trout bite is sporadic. One trip, I'll limit.....the next trip I'll zero. :-? As for the scallops, go straight out of the mouth of the Econfina, maybe just a hair to the right, find the bottom you like, and bail out. If they're not right in that spot. Look again! Lots of dive flags will be up on Saturday in that area. Best of luck.

tf