side view mirrors

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Danibeth

side view mirrors

Post by Danibeth »

Good afternoon all,

Got a question about attachable (not sure if that's the correct term) side view mirrors.

Got a truck and a trailer that is too long and big for using the side view mirrors. We are curious about the mirrors that you can bolt on or attach somehow to your current mirrors since I don't believe the mirrors on the door can be removed. Has anyone here used those types of mirrors? Which brands should be considered or stay away from?

Thanks a ton in advance

Danibeth
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: side view mirrors

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

YOU CAN REPLACE THE MIRRORS WITH LARGER ONES THAT YOU CAN GET AT THE AUTO SUPPLY STORES. I JUST REPLACE MINE ON MY 1999 FORD 150. THE REPLACEMENT MIRRORS I REPLACED CAME OFF A WRECKED FORD, THEY COST $25 EACK, THEY WANTED $128 EACH FOR NEW ONES AT THE AUTO PARTS STORE. IT TAKES PATIENTS IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE. YOU COULD GO DOWN TOWARDS WOODVILLE AND GET USED ONES FOR A LOT LESS MONEY THAN NEW. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET A MECHANIC TO DO THE SWITCH IF YOU ARE NOT UP TO DATE ON HOW TO DO THIS.
THE PLACE WHERE I GOT MY REPLACEMENTS IS ON THE RIGHT AFTER YOU LEAVE CAP. CIR. ON THE WOODVILLE HIGHWAY. IT IS A LARGE SALVAGE YARD. I ALSO PUT A TRANS. IN A DODGE 3/4 TON PICKUP FROM THE SAME PLACE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

I've been told that K-Source Custom Towing Mirrors (Cabela's and others) would work for my needs but I've not bought them yet. Apparently clip on and off easily.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

I don't know what kind of truck you have. But I used these on my 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 while towing my camper. They just slide onto your stock mirrors. I picked them up at Camping World, but I'm sure you could get them cheaper online.

http://products.cipausa.com/product-cat ... 258f986251
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Thanks guys. I'll into all that
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I also use the CIPA's on my GMC truck pulling a 28 ft camper. They work great, and you do not have that gawky extending mirror on your truck when not towing.

They go on and off in 30 seconds.

ETA: They also LOOK good on the truck. Do not look like some add-on stuff!

Mine is a GMC, but look similar to the ones on this ford.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c ... pa+mirrors
Dubble :thumbup:
Last edited by Dubble Trubble on August 20th, 2016, 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

I have a 33' trailer that I tow with my 2000 Silverado I purchased add on mirrors at a local auto parts store. I don't remember the product name. The great thing is they have two stretchable rubber cords that slip over your existing mirrors easily attached, easily removed. Cost was very low and the nice thing is I could walk out to my truck and test them before I bought them. I always am a little hesitant when buying on the internet ( security of my credit card, will they fit, if not can I get a quick refund, etc.). I have had mine since '09 and they still are like new.