Craigslist rant

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Craigslist rant

Post by bbb »

Was looking at a boat last night listed on Craigslist for $3800. Ad was just an hour old. Contacted the buyer and after some negotiations he said he would take $3500. I was suppose to go see the boat today at 12. Well this morning I look on Craigslist and he's changed the price to $4600 around 1AM. I contacted him about our noon meeting and he says this.......

"Yeah you can take a look at it. I'm not going to sell it for $3500. I've already had $3800 offered and have two more people looking at it today"

Followed up with his new selling philosophy of.....

"Just taking the best offer. Have a great one! "

So if anyone is looking to sell a welded jon boat in the 16' range look me up. My 10 yr old son is gonna be disappointed when dad doesn't come home pulling a boat.

Feel free to report his post as Spam too.
Keeps changing his post. Now it says $4500.
Last edited by bbb on August 23rd, 2016, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Re: Craigslist rant

Post by Redfin »

Sure are a lot of "rants' on here lately - it's Craigs List, what did you expect, exemplary customer service?
bbb

Craigslist rant

Post by bbb »

No I've dealt with Craigslist buyers and sellers a lot. I know what can happen. I'm just wanting to let the next person know that this guy won't sell you the boat for the asking price if he gets a better offer. Oh well karma, do your thing.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I've got an 18' Tracker 1860 I will sell you cheap. It's at Bass Pro Shops being welded for the second time. The hull is a 2013 model that is supposed to carry a 5 yr warranty, however after much negotiation with Bass Pro and an attorney, their solution is to keep welding it until the warranty expires.

So that they could remove the floor and weld it from both inside and outside this time, I've removed the motor, center console, trolling motor and electronics. All of which is stored in my barn. I can put it back on or leave it off.

While Bass Pro has been busy avoiding their warranty promises, I've purchased a Sea Ark 2072, so I no longer need the smaller boat.

Call me if your interested (850) 509-3116 - Steve.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Steve Stinson wrote:I've got an 18' Tracker 1860 I will sell you cheap. It's at Bass Pro Shops being welded for the second time. The hull is a 2013 model that is supposed to carry a 5 yr warranty, however after much negotiation with Bass Pro and an attorney, their solution is to keep welding it until the warranty expires.
Well....not the best sales pitch I've ever read. :lol:

On Craigs List the ad would say "recently fully serviced by factory trained personnel". :smt009
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Yeah Rocky - I can't play poker either. I have an inability to lie or even tell half-truth's. That's why I fish with Jumptrout, he makes up for both of us :-D .
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

I recently had a bad experience with Craigslist after some azzhole posted my boat for sale with a ridiculous price and story. It was fairly comical saying my wife didn't let me fish and I couldn't catch anything when she did let me go. Oh yeah my Toyota wouldn't pull it either. Tested the limits of my I phone and took two days to get it taken down. I'm still not laughing.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Steve Stinson wrote:Yeah Rocky - I can't play poker either. I have an inability to lie or even tell half-truth's. That's why I fish with Jumptrout, he makes up for both of us :-D .

Thanks Steve. I was ready for a good belly laugh today! :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I have sold several things on Craigslist, several of them cars.

I had not agreed on a price and had made no commitments, but I had two people start bidding above my listed price on a Honda Accord!

The high bidder took the car. Hey, I do not know them and it was more in MY pocket. That is called BUSINESS!

But I agree the guy should not have "shook on it" with you then backed out.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
bbb

Post by bbb »

THOMAS CITY CURVE wrote:I recently had a bad experience with Craigslist after some azzhole posted my boat for sale with a ridiculous price and story. It was fairly comical saying my wife didn't let me fish and I couldn't catch anything when she did let me go. Oh yeah my Toyota wouldn't pull it either. Tested the limits of my I phone and took two days to get it taken down. I'm still not laughing.
I saw that ad. It was like a 25' Aquasport for $5000.

Thought about doing the same thing to this guy.
bbb

Post by bbb »

From this....

To this....
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

buddy has a 14' Tracker with 40 hp Mercury sitting at my house. It will absolutely fly. He has talked about selling it. Let me know if you want his contact info. Even though I bought a Ranger, I still have the Xpress, and it's starting to look like a boat lot at my place....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Mckayaker

Post by Mckayaker »

Hey Showboat. That's called a fleet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

SHOWBOAT wrote:buddy has a 14' Tracker with 40 hp Mercury sitting at my house. It will absolutely fly. He has talked about selling it. Let me know if you want his contact info. Even though I bought a Ranger, I still have the Xpress, and it's starting to look like a boat lot at my place....
Congrats on your new sled, what did you get?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

THOMAS CITY CURVE wrote:I recently had a bad experience with Craigslist after some azzhole posted my boat for sale with a ridiculous price and story. It was fairly comical saying my wife didn't let me fish and I couldn't catch anything when she did let me go. Oh yeah my Toyota wouldn't pull it either. Tested the limits of my I phone and took two days to get it taken down. I'm still not laughing.
Tell your wife that her joke posting that on craigslist wasn't funny! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!