Day 2 opening weekend.

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Day 2 opening weekend.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Since my son got one yesterday. When I woke him up he asked to sleep. I said ok and got ready. I walked done to the stand and got in at 6:55 opened the window and sat down. I looked through the binos and saw one already in the field. It was looking my way. Must have heard me open the window. So it worked it's way up to about 20 yards from the stand and raised it's head sniffing the air. I froze. It took about 5 minutes for it to finally relax and eat. It fed for over half an hour, worked a scape then eased off. I had texted my wife about what I had seen. She asked why not shoot we need the meat. I told her if he came back I'd take him. Well at 7:41 out he came and down he went. Image. Image. And my pack mule hauled him out for me. Lol. We hauled another buck to Deans in my boys truck. Image. Man what a great weekend! Think I'll fish next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bend Brian

Re: Day 2 opening weekend.

Post by Big Bend Brian »

All right! Gotta like a wifer that encourages your addiction.....
You're a lucky man!!
Brian
Quality Time
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Great opening weekend! Good to have blood in the truck and meat in freezer. Takes the pressure off. We had the crosshairs on one yesterday late-just wouldn't give us the right shot, my 10 year old decided not to take shot-he was shaking so bad its probably a good thing!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Big Bend Brian wrote:All right! Gotta like a wifer that encourages your addiction.....
You're a lucky man!!
Brian
. She hunts too. . . Just usually not in the morning lol.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

FTReelty wrote:Great opening weekend! Good to have blood in the truck and meat in freezer. Takes the pressure off. We had the crosshairs on one yesterday late-just wouldn't give us the right shot, my 10 year old decided not to take shot-he was shaking so bad its probably a good thing!
. Yeah it was awesome. Think I'll fish next weekend. Or till the rut. Your boy will get him next time. Put up the report so we can congratulate him.

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Y'all filling that freezer right up! :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

MudDucker wrote:Y'all filling that freezer right up! :thumbup:
yessir only need one more. But gonna get my older neighbor one first. He does not hunt but loves deer meat.