2017 Flats Pro Seminars--SOLD OUT

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Can'tCatchAnything

Re: 2017 Flats Pro Seminars

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

A seat for meee?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: 2017 Flats Pro Seminars

Post by silverking »

Just sent you a confirmation email CCA. Thanks.

The 2017 Flats Pro Seminars are now completely sold out.

If you'd like to be placed on the waiting list, please send me a PM or email to the address on my web site. DO NOT send payment until an opening has been confirmed.

Thanks for the interest and we'll see all those of you registered next month at Shields.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bbynum229

Re: 2017 Flats Pro Seminars--SOLD OUT

Post by bbynum229 »

Man wish I had joined the site sooner. I really could have used this
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Check your private messages.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Enjoyed the seminar today. Worth every penny! Thank you!
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

I very much enjoyed it as well.

I went to Horseshoe Beach 45 years ago on my first excursion fishing the flats. You'd think I'd have a pretty good clue by now, but I learned a ton of new information and I think also very much simplified my approach to fishing. Several "Aha!" moments. If you love trout fishing you'd have to enjoy the seminar.

Also, lunch was some of the best fried shrimp I've ever had (I told the guy cooking it that if I dropped one of my shrimp on a unimaginably dirty it floor wouldn't matter - there's no way I wouldn't still eat it).

Dave and Chuck, I really didn't know what to expect from the seminar. You guys did an exceptional job. Brett also provided some great insight on boats (still thinking a little on the "sacrificial prop" conversation).

The whole thing was more informative that I'd have imagined.

Dave, as you know that was a Christmas present from my wife. Probably my favorite one. She was excited that I enjoyed it so.

Thanks, guys.
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Definitely fun and informative, I'm glad I jumped on that last spot. I have a feeling that jerkbait rigging is going to be a game changer for me.

I was expecting a public school brown paper bag lunch, not some shrimp and fried catfish. The catfish and beans did it for me, yum.

Thanks for putting it together.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the feedback and thanks to all for attending. It was another great weekend, one that wouldn't have been possible without Shields Marina and all our great sponsors.

Now I'm going fishing!
bbb

Post by bbb »

Where can I purchase a copy of the video?
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

I have 28 pages of notes that I'll share for a small fee. 8) :lol:

CCA, liked the jerk bait thought. Also have a feeling the info on how to fish the A-Dream spoon will be a game changer for me in the bay at SGI.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Maybe next year get someone to make a good video of the seminar so us Georgia boys can learn how to catch all of 2Salty's fish so he has to sell his kayak.
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

bbb wrote:Maybe next year get someone to make a good video of the seminar ....
You wouldn't wanna miss those shrimps.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Bubba_1122 wrote:
bbb wrote:Maybe next year get someone to make a good video of the seminar ....
You wouldn't wanna miss those shrimps.
Hard to commit to a weekend months in advance with a wife and 3 kids. Had I bought tickets for my son and I, we would have missed out on an all expense paid quail hunt.
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

I can only said many good things about the Seminars here is a few on my list. Dave told me it was his last. Sorry guys and gales "early bird gets the worm". Too bad to those who didn't come. Glad I didn't wait. Fish are going to have a terrible time when I get down their to fish(I got the Goods on them). Chuck and Dave did a great job and the whole seminars was GREAT.

Best Regards FishMonkey
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Yes, after a great seven-year run I have decided to step away from the local seminars to focus solely on my writing. Enjoyed meeting all the students over the years and hope Chuck, Brett and I were able to help shorten the learning curve for the hundreds of eager students. Of course, none of it would have been possible without the generous support of all our loyal sponsors.

Now it's time to enjoy my new skiff and go fishing myself. And in a few months (after the teething phase), Zane Gladiator Grey, my Rottweiler pup, will be joining me as First Mate.

Thanks to all who attended! Tight lines and see you on the water.