Question for the real fishermen on this site

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

flatsbroke22

Re: Question for the real fishermen on this site

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Caught a limit of trout and more flounder than I've ever caught but most were shorts
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
bbb

Post by bbb »

flatsbroke22 wrote:Caught a limit of trout and more flounder than I've ever caught but most were shorts
Nice and vague. Play the game right!!

Flats, creek or River?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

y'all may be overthinking this process.

Decided to go fishing late Friday and didn't have a guest lined up, so I took man's best friend and the old metal boat. I didn't post looking for coordinates, stop and ask for help along the way or bemoan that I may not catch anything / might be wasting a day. I knew Boo and I were headed for adventure outside of city limits, and we were due a break from the stresses of land-based life. We literally dropped the boat in at a very shallow ramp right at 10:00 (I think even the kayaker there was surprised I was putting a boat in at that location), responded to final work email and made our way to larger water.

The water was beautiful and the wind made it easy to navigate close to the hill.

Caught a half dozen reds and ~25 trout. Kept a few that swallowed treble hooks deep. Wouldn't have won a tournament and didn't catch a giant. My buddy scared a lot of reds that were in the clear water. Would be happy to repeat again this weekend if I didn't have prior plans. I'll post that report too....

In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Awesomeness :thumbup:
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Quality outing with your First Mate, Showboat. Thanks for sharing.

Planning on the same scenario as soon as my new pup gets a little older. My last Rottweiler was the best fishing partner I've ever had. Never complained, always wanted to go (and didn't cancel at the last minute), never hogged the bow and always helped land the fish. But he enjoyed the fried chicken and beer best of all. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

That's about as good as it gets! Bullets with fish slim are hard to beat too! My 11 year old son and I fished at Burnt Mill Creek (West Bay/PC) on Saturday. We didn't even get a bite..cork never went under water kind of day. Had nice live shrimp, gulps, lures-nothing happening. Mama said there would be days like that-but it was still a great day with my first mate!
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Hey Brian I've got to ask I like to be observant is that a picture of your fishing trip the other day with boo sitting on the boat and if so why is there a lily pad in the water beside the boat man those trout were way up the river :o
Ttt

Post by Ttt »

SHOWBOAT wrote:y'all may be overthinking this process.

Decided to go fishing late Friday and didn't have a guest lined up, so I took man's best friend and the old metal boat. I didn't post looking for coordinates, stop and ask for help along the way or bemoan that I may not catch anything / might be wasting a day. I knew Boo and I were headed for adventure outside of city limits, and we were due a break from the stresses of land-based life. We literally dropped the boat in at a very shallow ramp right at 10:00 (I think even the kayaker there was surprised I was putting a boat in at that location), responded to final work email and made our way to larger water.

The water was beautiful and the wind made it easy to navigate close to the hill.

Caught a half dozen reds and ~25 trout. Kept a few that swallowed treble hooks deep. Wouldn't have won a tournament and didn't catch a giant. My buddy scared a lot of reds that were in the clear water. Would be happy to repeat again this weekend if I didn't have prior plans. I'll post that report too....

hey show boat if you ever need someone to fish with I'm available my boat or yours. I'm always on the water by myself and the wife hates it. She always said what if something happen to u . She does have point! By the way that is always nice when u can spend time with your four legged child too.