Any report from the flats at St. Marks?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

Any report from the flats at St. Marks?

Post by randymullaly »

My son will be home on leave this weekend. Wanting to run out and catch a few trout if possible. Anybody fished the flats in the last few days? Id be very grateful for a report. Will only have a few hours to fish so wanna go out with a plan. Thanks in advance!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Any report from the flats at St. Marks?

Post by Gulf Coast »

SardineKing went yesterday....how bout a report for this feller ? :-D
Fshchsr17

Post by Fshchsr17 »

You might want to give the bars around East River a try. They were closer to St.Marks than the mouth of the river.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Heard from 2 Moultrie guys that fished Aucilla last week. Caught 2 short trout fishing river and creeks. They didn't try the flats, that's probably what I'd try. Water temp is already 65, that's not bad for Feb. :wink:
Yours in the South
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Well, friends of mine caught two limits today....5 over twenty and a 26+ and twenty-seven .....they did not fish the flats.....that is all !!! :-D
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

I will be out there tomorrow not fishing the flats. Only because of the 20 nice trout we caught from somewhere else at St Marks yesterday. I will tell you that we were fishing gold Bomber long A's. That is all. :)
bbb

Post by bbb »

fishdux wrote:I will be out there tomorrow not fishing the flats. Only because of the 20 nice trout we caught from somewhere else at St Marks yesterday. I will tell you that we were fishing gold Bomber long A's. That is all. :)
What kind of boat do you have and what time will you be launching? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

bbb wrote:
fishdux wrote:I will be out there tomorrow not fishing the flats. Only because of the 20 nice trout we caught from somewhere else at St Marks yesterday. I will tell you that we were fishing gold Bomber long A's. That is all. :)
What kind of boat do you have and what time will you be launching? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Would you really believe what they told you? :lol:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Effief100

Post by Effief100 »

So what is the point of a forum if a person can not ask a honest question but you have pecker heads like fishdux respond with a smart a$$ coment ?
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

Effief100 wrote:So what is the point of a forum if a person can not ask a honest question but you have pecker heads like fishdux respond with a smart a$$ coment ?
Down boy, you wont find anyone on here to give their spot away. That being said, I told the exact bait I've been catching on and told you they were not on the flats yet. If you want more than that then get on the water.
wallisam

Post by wallisam »

thanks for the report fishdux. you gave more info than most. thank you
bbb

Post by bbb »

fishdux wrote:
Effief100 wrote:So what is the point of a forum if a person can not ask a honest question but you have pecker heads like fishdux respond with a smart a$$ coment ?
Down boy, you wont find anyone on here to give their spot away. That being said, I told the exact bait I've been catching on and told you they were not on the flats yet. If you want more than that then get on the water.
Were they in the same spot Sunday? Headed down Monday to find a few. Tide looks terrible but oh well.
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

Same spot Sunday. The hit on an outgoing tide and completely shut down when it stopped. Water temp was 61-62.
Effief100

Post by Effief100 »

Ok thanks for last report. It's a big area and I personally live a few hours away and interested in kayak fishing the area. Never been there but on bucket list. So that is why I was searching internet about the area. I understand people do not give out lat/long to there favorite spots .
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

Caught a limit of trout in an hour Friday night after work. Fished all day Saturday and Sunday with kids in the same area with just shorts and one 15.5" trout to show for it.