Carrabelle?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ScaleUp

Carrabelle?

Post by ScaleUp »

Hi all - A friend is staying in Carrabelle for the weekend and wants to fish. I've never wet a line there - can anyone suggest any good publicly accessible piers or shorelines? We might also have kayaks but I'm not counting on that as I'm not bringing my own. We may also be interested in renting some time on a boat for a short sunset bite - any recommendations are welcome. Cheers!
fishdux

Re: Carrabelle?

Post by fishdux »

Head on down 98 a little ways and you will find a pier out of Eastpoint and across the island bridge you will find another one. They are made of the old bridge system. The water temp is coming up quick so you might want to try the surf on St. George also.
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

There's the aforementioned St. George bridges, very good fishing if you know what to do. (I don't).

There's a public pavilion and pier on Marine Street. You can drown a shrimp and there's reds to be caught. Bring lots of tackle if fishing there. There's some interesting folks that frequent that pier though.

2 min to the east is a little pull off on 98 with 2 docks, that's a future county park where I launch my kayak. I did very well on trout and reds there last autumn. There's some fish to be caught off those docks. I caught my PB redfish 10 feet from the grassline there so there's fish around that dock- depending on water movement. It's unfishably shallow at low tides.

Go 2 min west and go down Timber Island Rd. That bridge holds sheepshead, and reds and trout cruise the channel. Something took my superspook jr there and never gave it back so I know there's some big fish there if you're lucky. I would drown a shrimp and cast a spoon or a topwater there.

Go another 1 min west and there's a pull off to the left where 2Al's used to to be and that's a beach access to some beach fishing. Whiting and Pompano are there according to my buddy's dad who lives on cBelle beach. Use a high-low rig tipped with shrimp and cast if you can get it far enough, or 2 oz pyramid lead and a pompano rig for surf fishing.

If you can get kayaks, I'd recommend Jordan Bayou. It's a pretty sweet place to fish off a plastic boat.

Enjoy your stay and good luck!
ScaleUp

Post by ScaleUp »

Awesome, this is super helpful. Thanks for the responses! Now I'm going to have fewer excuses if we don't catch any fish...