Lanark & Tides

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Lanark & Tides

Post by salty tiger »

I plan on launching out of Lanark Saturday morning. Will the tide (-.5) be an issue in a bay boat? I probably draft around 14-18".
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark & Tides

Post by silverking »

Might be tough getting out the channel depending on the time of launch and wind. I've had to pole out of there before on a negative low like that.

Safer bet would be the public ramp on the Carrabelle River. Plenty of water, good docks and you've got the range with the bay.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bbb

Post by bbb »

salty tiger wrote:I plan on launching out of Lanark Saturday morning. Will the tide (-.5) be an issue in a bay boat? I probably draft around 14-18".
Where you gonna head? Heading East is shallower than heading West and out the cut.

Like silverking says an advertised -.5 could turn into a -1 with a North wind.
salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Post by salty tiger »

Thanks for the replies :thumbup: . I'll wait and see what the wind is doing that morning before deciding. I've been out of there a few times with lower tides in my skiff, I just wasn't sure if I could do the same in a bay boat.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I had to drag my duck boat out of there once, but it was a -1 tide. Definitely be careful going east. Need to hug the shore and look out for the one big rock close to shore east of the ramp.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:I had to drag my duck boat out of there once, but it was a -1 tide. Definitely be careful going east. Need to hug the shore and look out for the one big rock close to shore east of the ramp.
I didn't know there was rock in Lanark. Would you be kind enough to give more detailed info on it's location? I run WOT east of the ramp all of the time. I would hate to have to call Capt Joel again. Thank you
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:I had to drag my duck boat out of there once, but it was a -1 tide. Definitely be careful going east. Need to hug the shore and look out for the one big rock close to shore east of the ramp.
I didn't know there was rock in Lanark. Would you be kind enough to give more detailed info on it's location? I run WOT east of the ramp all of the time. I would hate to have to call Capt Joel again. Thank you
Sorry, I didn't mark it with GPS. It is about a 1 mile east from the market and it is marked with a white pvc pipe.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mark it with GPS. It is about a 1 mile east from the market and it is marked with a white pvc pipe.
Is that the spot where you go between two pvc pipes ?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Redbelly wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
Is that the spot where you go between two pvc pipes ?
No, this a single post closer to shore. The double poles mark a small channel through a sand hump.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
Thanks MD
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
hardhead

Post by hardhead »

Hey MD, do you always run between the 2 pvc pipes? I've only been through that area once and avoided the pipes cause I assumed they were marking something shallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

hardhead wrote:Hey MD, do you always run between the 2 pvc pipes? I've only been through that area once and avoided the pipes cause I assumed they were marking something shallow.

No, I don't run between them unless there is at least 10 or so inches of tide. I've seen nearly that entire mound out of water. When it is like that I run on the Gulf side of the Lanark reef.
hardhead

Post by hardhead »

10-4. Thanks

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

The hurricane must have destroyed that pole, because it wasn't there yesterday. Now we have an unmarked big ugly rock.